How can I find a Ballet? And recommendations for Chicago Entertainment
Mar 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CaseJ

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
Well I'm hoping some of you might have some advice for my situation. My girl friends B-Day is June 7th and I'm trying to find a Ballet around that time in Chicago, but ticketmaster doesn't show and shows after may. Which I'm wondering if I'm too early for a show or is there some other way to find a ballet that I'm not doing. She teaches and preforms ballet and I'm trying to keep this a surprise. For other entertainment I was planning on staying for the weekend and than coming back to Michigan, so should I drive my car around when we go shopping or should you take a taxi? (been years since I was in Chicago) And any recommendations on where to go to dinner or where to stay, I don't have a price point in mind I just want us to have a really good time. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Apr 4, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 4
Whether or not you take your car shopping depends on where you are going. If you want to shop on North Michigan, DON'T take your car. All the stores are within 1 mile and parking will be a minimum of $20. You can then take a short bus trip if you want to shop on State Street.

If you want to go into the burbs, Old Orchard is a short drive away in Skokie (but the Edens will be under construction). You could also drive up to Gurnee which is near Wisconsin for a very large (but not really upscale) mall. Woodfield in Schaumburg is another good choice.

As far as hotels, what's your budget? Chicago hotels are notoriously over priced. I always like putting people in the Palmer House but that runs about $300/night these days and you can get a room in the Drake for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back