How can I feel something this intense? - A surreal feeling of infinite hope?
Sep 24, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #76 of 94
please keep us posted, I really hope you'll get better, really.

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #78 of 94
you can pm if you want to.

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #79 of 94

Quote:
you can pm if you want to.

....or that.

By the way, i really like your profile picture. It depicts the lack of orientation and the fast pace at which todays "developed" society moves and evolves. The distractions and isolation, we as individuals need to endure every day....

Sep 25, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #80 of 94
this picture helps me to realise that i'm nothing. I can swim against the mainstream, but I can't change it.

it helps me to calm down, to feel better...

modern cities are on my list of what I hate the most in this world. there's a lot of thing on this list. 

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #84 of 94
OP I know the feeling you described, it's not exactly the same, but similar.
I remember when reading the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy series, there was a description of a machine, that can kill people, just by showing them the full extent of the universe, compared to their incomprehensibly tiny and futile existence.
Odd feeling, and one thats very hard to ignore, but at the same time, think for just a second, about how little you matter as a person, in the grand scheme of things, seems bad, but then, if you don't matter to it, it doesn't matter to you either, just be happy with your incomprehensibly tiny piece of whatever it is ou have, because, at least you get it, Enjoy it while your alive.
Live life to be happy, because it has no real purpose, so you might as well just enjoy it :)

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #85 of 94

Quote:
Have you guys ever looked into philosophy?

I don't know If you're talking to me but, yes I've looked into philosophy: ayn rand; dostoievski; plato; socrates. It's great but it doesn't change anything.

Quote:
For me, modern cities can/are a source of fascination and inspiration. 
I like switching between the 2 "worlds".

why are you fascinated with big cities?  because they're bigger than you? because of the "babylonian" effect?

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #86 of 94

Quote:
I remember when reading the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy series, there was a description of a machine, that can kill people, just by showing them the full extent of the universe, compared to their incomprehensibly tiny and futile existence.
Odd feeling, and one thats very hard to ignore, but at the same time, think for just a second, about how little you matter as a person, in the grand scheme of things, seems bad, but then, if you don't matter to it, it doesn't matter to you either, just be happy with your incomprehensibly tiny piece of whatever it is ou have, because, at least you get it, Enjoy it while your alive.
Live life to be happy, because it has no real purpose, so you might as well just enjoy it :)

ignorance is bliss

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #87 of 94

Quote:

Satanism....the way to go....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
I don't know If you're talking to me but, yes I've looked into philosophy: ayn rand; dostoievski; plato; socrates. It's great but it doesn't change anything.

why are you fascinated with big cities?  because they're bigger than you? because of the "babylonian" effect?

forgive me for asking, but what do you mean "babylonian" effect?

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #88 of 94

Quote:
Satanism....the way to go....
very_evil_smiley.gif

What do you mean by that?
Surely Satanism would require acknowledging the existance of a Deity of some sort, which I don't do.
(And before I take anything too far, everything is all well and nice, then religion gets brought in, and religous people feel a need to either try and convert me, or just send hate mail, or something petty, so we should probably just avoid the topic....)

Sep 26, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #89 of 94

Quote:
What do you mean by that?
Surely Satanism would require acknowledging the existance of a Deity of some sort, which I don't do.
(And before I take anything too far, everything is all well and nice, then religion gets brought in, and religous people feel a need to either try and convert me, or just send hate mail, or something petty, so we should probably just avoid the topic....)

I deeply apologise for my unwise and ignorant comment. I did not want to insult you or question/criticize any religious believes.
I was just referring to Ethical Egoism/Atheistic Satanism (to a certain extent).

I also agree with you that religion and religious believes are often very obstructive for a rational exchange of ideas and viewpoints.
Again i deeply apologise for my ignorance.

Your sincerely,

-TheDreamThinker

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #90 of 94
DreamThinker,
no need to apologise, I'm an atheist, you can't really offend me about religion, but I am aware how easy it can be to offend people, so it's best not to dig to deep in that area.
You do seem to think in a way similar to me, though you seem to be more virtuous than I tend to be....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back