How can I dump out thread contents?
Dec 24, 2008 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mail4u

100+ Head-Fier
I'd like to dump into a file the following thread:

Sticky: Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)

How does one do this? It would make it easier to search through it for particular comments. Also, it would facilitate reading.

Suggestion appreciated.

Thanks

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 12
I don't want to create a sticky. The thread already exists. I just want to copy the contents of the whole thread into a single file so I can do quick searches and scans instead of going page-by-page on-line.

Dec 24, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't want to create a sticky. The thread already exists. I just want to copy the contents of the whole thread into a single file so I can do quick searches and scans instead of going page-by-page on-line.

I've asked a similar question elsewhere, as I'd like to do the same thing with some of the huge threads (e.g., Stax threads). There is the option to print, but that's limited to only 15 posts per page (I think). There must be a vbulletin hack or plugin for this...

Dec 24, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 12
Dec 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Search This Thread function?

It does work to an extent giving partial information. What is needed now is for someone with programming expertise to write a program to expand the posts retrieved in the search. Then it could be copied into a file. I don't have that expertise.

Dec 24, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #9 of 12
I'd like to know this so I can save entire threads (archive of my own).

Dec 24, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Search This Thread function?

Are my suggestions invisible lately?

Dec 25, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #12 of 12
Never seen any function like this.
You can save pages and combine them. But with 45 pages it will take some time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back