How can I best control the volume of my PC?
Dec 14, 2015 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Alec246

100+ Head-Fier
So, I have a ODAC, and I just bought a pair of wonderful JBL LSR305 Monitor Speakers. These really sound good!

The issue is. The ODAC is made to run at maximum volume, so as not to loose any sound quality, and these speakers have separate volume control that are not made to be touched every time, and are on the back.

I wonder how can I control the volume of my system without loosing fidelity? Is there a way to control volume after I get the full 24 Bits resolution from the ODAC digitally?

Thank you!

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 5
Create a 24 bit audio file in Audacity containing silence, then play it on your system. Increase the volume until you can hear the noise floor. Your speaker's volume will be set very high. You may not even be able to hear it at max. As long as you keep the speaker's volume below that point, you can lower the digital volume as much as you like without any audible loss in fidelity.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for the suggestion! I guess it's gonna have to be this way until I figure something else.

I read there are a lot of Monitor Controller Dials. Anyone has any suggestion about those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back