How Big Is Yours? iPod/Media Player Stats.
Nov 17, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #17 of 32
Rio Karma 6374 MB Free
3046 Tracks

CD Rips
Itunes Conversions
Emusic Jazz
Old Napster Stuff-from when nobody
thought twice about it.

Artsits 378
Genres Self Categorized Mostly 12

Rotating about 400 megs of podcasts weekly
something old, something new,
something borrowed, something blue.

Nov 17, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #19 of 32
iPod Colour 60GB

Free Space: 37.2 GB
Songs: 1104
Photos: 2567

CD's that I rip are in 256kbps VBR AAC, while classical songs are in ALAC. Song that were downloaded illigitimately are in MP3's with random bitrates. I'm starting to buy more CD's rather than download. It's kind of annoying for me when I hear the resulting artifacts from low bitrate MP3's, especially on songs that I enjoy and listen to over and over.

I'm really not that afraid of downloading pirated music though, even though it means that the record companies will lose some amount of money. The main reason I download nowadays is to sample some songs and decide whether to buy the CD or not. The CRIA ain't got nothin' on me!
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #20 of 32
Tracks: 1259
3.4 days of music
11.34GB

I encode everything at either AAC or MP3, all 320kps. I switched back to AAC only because iTunes has a nasty tendency to crash on my computer whenever encoding to MP3.
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #21 of 32
Parrothead said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffnnj
IPOD: 60G 5G

8660 songs
23 movies
21 music videos
52 TV shows (Aqua Teen, Chappelle, Curb Your Enthusiasm,Family Guy, South Park)
185 pictures[/QUOTE

How did you put your movies and shows on your ipod?

I bought a program on the internet called PQDVD for around $35. I had a lot of trouble with it until I also downloaded the trial version of Cybervision Power DVD V.6 which was free. Once I did that, the program worked great. All you do is put a DVD in the drive and start the program. There are sliders to adjust sound and audio quality/size. It takes as long as the DVD takes to play to convert to MPG4. It is a simple, ONE STEP program that I highly recommend. My 10 year old has no problems using it. One thing to remember is that Itunes does not store video content like it does music. If you manually delete an MPG4 off your hard drive, it will remain in your Ipod but no where else.

Nov 17, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #22 of 32
IMO a better question would be: How many from those x number of songs that you actually listen to? I have not even fill up my 20GB Dell DJ, but 99% of the songs in it are the songs that I like. I hardly ever skip to a next song when listening in all-shuffle mode.

Nov 17, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001
IMO a better question would be: How many from those x number of songs that you actually listen to? I have not even fill up my 20GB Dell DJ, but 99% of the songs in it are the songs that I like. I hardly ever skip to a next song when listening in all-shuffle mode.

Basically I only listen to my Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer tracks.

Nov 18, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #25 of 32
I listen to 95% of the music on my Zen fairly evenly. I'm guessing even the 'unloved' stuff gets an airing every 6 months?

In response to the illegal downloading, its only illegal to be caught actually downloading stuff, when you've downloaded its just a simple mp3 or ogg file, which you could have easily ripped.

Nov 18, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
I listen to 95% of the music on my Zen fairly evenly. I'm guessing even the 'unloved' stuff gets an airing every 6 months?

In response to the illegal downloading, its only illegal to be caught actually downloading stuff, when you've downloaded its just a simple mp3 or ogg file, which you could have easily ripped.

True, thats a good point. Once the file is downloaded, you could always say that you ripped it from a CD your friends lended you or something. They usually only catch you when you're downloading the file.

Nov 18, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox360
True, thats a good point. Once the file is downloaded, you could always say that you ripped it from a CD your friends lended you or something. They usually only catch you when you're downloading the file.

Or you could just listen to music with rhapsody legally, using a .wav recorder to capture the stream......

Nov 18, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainfreeze
Or you could just listen to music with rhapsody legally, using a .wav recorder to capture the stream......

WAV? So basically for every 4MB streamed track you listen to, you're getting a ~44MB copy of it for your use.

And say, space isn't an issue -- you can rip those WAVs to MP3. But then you end up with transcoded files.

I think I'll pass.

Nov 18, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #29 of 32
On my 20gb Dell DJ..

Total space 19056mb
Free space: 45mb
Track count: 2455
Album count: 214

Nov 19, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #30 of 32
My U2 iPod 20GB has 2,332 songs, 6.4 days, 17.98Gb. Most of my music is 256kbps AAC or Apple Lossless. I tend to rotate it quite often because of the size of my iTunes library.

My iTunes library is 20,803 songs, 58.8 days, 131.29Gb. Most from my CDs or iTMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back