How big a jump up is a touch Lod?
Feb 20, 2010 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
Got a touch and a pair of Pk3s. Pretty good match. Always want better though. What would be a good step up in reasonable terms? A lod, pk1 amp combo?

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Yea that setup would give you a good jump in SQ. Using a LoD in a non iMod iPod is a small benefit, but it is noticeable. I would suggest to try and keep prices low on the LoD though; 120 would be my cap because IMO materials on cables give the smallest (if audible) increase in SQ but it depends on your equipment as well.

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 4
Hmmm. So probably just upgrade the headphones if anything? The PK3s do ok for podcasts and other downloads. I will not be doing any critical listening with the portable. That is what my stereo is for lol.

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #4 of 4
Yea well if you're going to use these on the go and don't want to spend a ton of money since you're main setup is home, I'd suggest some IEMs for the louder areas and the PK3s for quieter places.
But I mean a lod -> amp addition will help, but the amount of SQ increase you're going to get is going to depend on how much you put into those pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back