How bad is it for my headphones if I don't turn them off when I listen on my speakers?
Sep 5, 2022 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PoorBastard

Head-Fier
Hello,
I own HIFIMAN HE1000 v2 (planar magnetic).
I have a passive switch that turns my speakers on or off, but it doesn't turn my headphones, when my speakers are on (and I listen to speakers).
So while I'm listening to my speakers, my headphones are also playing. How bad is it for them? Let's say an additional couple of hours a day of playing, when they could have been turned off.
Should I invest in a switch, so my headphones would turn off when the speakers are on? Considering the price of these headphones, I suppose the answer will be yes?...

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Hello,
I own HIFIMAN HE1000 v2 (planar magnetic).
I have a passive switch that turns my speakers on or off, but it doesn't turn my headphones, when my speakers are on (and I listen to speakers).
So while I'm listening to my speakers, my headphones are also playing. How bad is it for them? Let's say an additional couple of hours a day of playing, when they could have been turned off.
Should I invest in a switch, so my headphones would turn off when the speakers are on? Considering the price of these headphones, I suppose the answer will be yes?...

Depends on how loud they're playing and I'm not trying to be an ass but instead of buying something to switch it, you could just unplug it?

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 6
Depends on how loud they're playing and I'm not trying to be an ass but instead of buying something to switch it, you could just unplug it?
Not very loud. Medium volume I'd say. I'm afraid I will ruin the XLR socket/cable end if I plug & unplug multiple times a day...

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 6
Not very loud. Medium volume I'd say. I'm afraid I will ruin the XLR socket/cable end if I plug & unplug multiple times a day...

I mean it prob won't affect the cans much at all. In regards to your XLR socket/cable.....i dunno, unless they're UBER cheaply made or your yanking it at an angle when removing, it'd be a LONG time before any damage happens. I have cables I've used for 10+ years that still work fine

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Might not apply to your amp, but this is what I have in the manual for Auralic Taurus MKII.

1662435420303.png

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 6
Might not apply to your amp, but this is what I have in the manual for Auralic Taurus MKII.

1662435420303.png

oh yeah, I guess it all depends on the topology of the amp. Makes sense to check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back