How bad do the skullcandy aviators leak?
Jan 30, 2012 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

smashdash

New Head-Fier
I am thinking if buying the skullcandy aviators and I wanted to know, how bad do they leak? Will It be noticeable while driving with people (on medium volume).
Also, just how fragile are they? 
Thaks to anyone who helps,
Smashdash

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 6
You have just got to read the reviews on Amazon to see that there are problems with these headphones, I have tried these a few times at HMV and they feel very flimsy and I wasn't that impressed by how they sound. I think that the plastic earcups would be very prone to scratches.

Maybe take a look at the V-Moda Crossfade LP2, they are a little more expensive but built like a tank, has a detachable (i.e. replaceable) cord, they sound good, don't leak, and look just as cool as the Aviators.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Okay, I thought it's been established by many already that the V-Moda Crossfades leak like hell. Anyways, I own the Aviators, and I DO care about SQ. I can say a few things about my headphones for sure: A) the build quality is great, I think, and anyways it doesn't really matter since Skullcandy has free lifetime warranty; your headphones ever break, free replacement, no questions asked. B) They WILL leak sound when you're not wearing them. However, once they're actually on your head, little to no sound will leak so long as your volume isn't ridiculously high (I listen at exactly mid-volume, with no problems). And C) they're really great headphones when you consider the value inside of them. Great styling, free lifetime warranty, and sound comparable (and maybe better than, just ask some of the Aviator owners on Head-Fi) to the M50's -- which, by the way, are some of Jude's favorite 'budget' audiophile headphones, and cost about the same as the Aviators. So I would recommend the Aviators in a heartbeat.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
You have just got to read the reviews on Amazon to see that there are problems with these headphones, I have tried these a few times at HMV and they feel very flimsy and I wasn't that impressed by how they sound. I think that the plastic earcups would be very prone to scratches.

Maybe take a look at the V-Moda Crossfade LP2, they are a little more expensive but built like a tank, has a detachable (i.e. replaceable) cord, they sound good, don't leak, and look just as cool as the Aviators.

Um, reviews of the Aviators are overwhelmingly positive on Amazon...and Jude himself gave them an exuberant evaluation on Head-Fi...just saying.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:

I'm sorry, but the LP2's do in fact, leak. They leak a generous amount. It's pretty noticeable, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back