How are these cables for Senn HD650
Aug 30, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadByDawn
How is the Senn V2 from
http://www.headphile.com/page17.html

Is this a good Senn cable replacement?
I have a go-vibe v5 amp and my source is am xfi sound card.

thanks

I wouldn't spend money on headphone replacement cables before upgrading your source and amplifier. Your soundcard is not really high end, nor is the amplifier. I believe that there are better wais to spend 90-140$ . Save them for a better source and amplifier.

Aug 30, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 9
Tend to agree. Your cables, all of them, should only make up 10-20% of your system cost.

That said, I like the Cardas and Zu Senn 650 replacements.

Aug 30, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solude
Tend to agree. Your cables, all of them, should only make up 10-20% of your system cost.

That said, I like the Cardas and Zu Senn 650 replacements.

I have to agree...

Forget about the cable, until you get the right source & amp (to synergize with the Senns).

But... when you've got those... then the Cardas cable is the "bargain of the bunch." The Senn v2 is good, and it adds more detail and clarity, but the Cardas adds detail and clarity, as well as tone body and weight. The others are all way too expensive for their modest improvement. And... to be fair... the cables simply don't make a dramatic improvement over the stock cable - so, don't spend more than you would for either the Cardas, or Senn v2 (either will make a bit of an improvement, at a reasonable price).

You'll obtain far greater improvements in their sound from the right source, amp, and removing the foam liners (de-veiling).

Sorry... but, there is no "magic bullet" in upgrading the cables.

Aug 30, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Hi,
I bought some Senn. HD600 phones s/hand a few years ago and the cables in the Y section were all twisted. Eventually one of them busted and I need to replace them.

Can I re-use the little gold-plated can connectors, which come in a moulded plug or do I need to replace them as well and where can I purchase these and the Cardas cables. I agree that it makes no sense to spend a dis-proportinate sum on the cables.

I live in Spain and I very much doubt that I could find a supplier over here.

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
I wouldn't spend money on headphone replacement cables before upgrading your source and amplifier. Your soundcard is not really high end, nor is the amplifier. I believe that there are better wais to spend 90-140$ . Save them for a better source and amplifier.

Second that 100%.

Aug 30, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 9
I have the Senn V2 in a 1.5 meter Black Silver terminated in a 1/8" plug. I love it! The veil is gone from my Senn HD600 do to this cable and the de-foaming mod.

Now the highs are clearer, the bass is tighter and there is more of it, the can overall sounds much better. I say get the cable, I use my Senn HD600 as my transportable for the office. Currently it is driven by a Go-Vibe 5 out of an iPod 60 Gb Photo using a pocket dock. Love the sound!

Good luck.

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos

What do u think is a good soundcard and how much does it cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back