How are the HD590s for gaming?
Apr 28, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 8
I haven't heard them personally, but I believe the general consensus is that they're way better than most sony cans, esp the one you mentioned. Also for gaming the DT770 or A900 seem to be the most recommended ones. I tried the DT770, and they were great for positioning and explosions, the boom factor, but got rid of them. I found that I didn't like closed cans too much, I've been meaniing to try the 590's. They've been given a lot of thumbs up for being one of the most comfortable cans out there. Newegg.com has them for I think 160'ish plus shipping. You can always get them from them and return if you don't like them, but I believe they charge a restocking fee.

Apr 28, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #4 of 8
I have both HD590 and DT770. I like both for trance and gaming
smily_headphones1.gif

HD590 are very comfortable and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Apr 29, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 8
those hd590's are like silk, man if they sounded like the 600 series those whould rule big time, but alas ... they don't. From what I remebered (it's been 2 years) they ghad a thin V shaped sound, but lacking bass they didn't really do anything well. But without knowing better they are good value.

Apr 29, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 8
i just sent 590s off as a gift to my brother today. i had them for about two years. i liked them more for gaming than my 650s. they just seemed more natural somehow and the boomier, looser bass really works for explosions and big vehicles. they were great for music too but the 650s are better
it was a hard decision to give em away
rolleyes.gif

they worked fine straight out of the xfi headphone jack
try pricegrabber.com to find the lowest price on them

Apr 30, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #7 of 8
I had a pair of HD-570s, and they totally kicked ass with games. Very comfortable, awesome soundstage, and great bass rumble! HD-590s should be even better.

Apr 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #8 of 8
yes..the bass rumble....you can feel them vibrating as a tank passes by close in bf2
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back