How are the grados sr225i compared to other headphones in the same price range?
Mar 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 14
Very good. They can be had for approx. $150 US and are definitely amazing open rock/metal/folk cans at that price. As is mentioned very often, they are one of the sweet spots in the Grado line for value for your money.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 14
If isolation is a factor then look elsewhere. Otherwise great value.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 14
AWESOME for Rock

HORRIBLE for Isolation

I "try" to use my 225's at work... my cubicle mates complain ALLOT... I'm told the Dennon D2000's are a good closed compromise... not sure cause I haven't tried them (yet)

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 14
The sr225i like others in the prestige line, have a very forward mid sound, which makes rock and metal really sound alive.
The HD 25 I II is a great portable headphone that isolates extremely well, and also leaks little sound. They have a very nice sound as well, but definitely not as aggressive as the Grados in the mids department. They also have a nice full bass sound.

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #10 of 14
Regarding the sr225i, what about live symphony > FLAC > PreSonus Firebox? Alternately, what about live symphony > FLAC > Cowon iAudio 7 > pico headphone amp?

Allow me to ask the same two questions about bebop. I truly enjoy good source recordings of good philharmonics and boy do I love jazz: circa late 40s to late 60s.

I'm asking y'all because I lost my cans and don't have the necessary time to properly demo new ones.

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #12 of 14
Kayito-san, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm a bit spoiled as I have KRK V4 Series 2 monitors which are painfully accurate yet present an exquisite soundstage.

What would you suggest if I wanted a soundstage with sweep and depth? I'm already used to accuracy.

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #14 of 14
Agree with other OP - they are the sweet spot in the Grado line. However, in this price range $150-200, there are a lot of options available from all types and brands. Even more so when you consider the used can markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back