How are the Corda Headfive & Rs-1 togeather?
Oct 8, 2006 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

king896

100+ Head-Fier
I am thinking about changing the direction of my system from a pair of HD-650's running balanced with a Equinox cable from a Benchmark DAC-1, to something that has more kick for rock and is a more fun and exciting listening experience. I have come to the conclusion that I want to try out a pair of RS-1's and that can be purchased from Todd for a nice price and a great return policy, but then I am left without a good amp to match the new headphones. I a not getting rid of the Benchmark DAC because I love the sound for my Swan M200 speakers that I listen to while on the computer so now I need something in between that will make this RS-1 DAC1 combo sing. Right now I am looking at a small budget of around $300, as I only use my headphone setup 4 nights a week for about a hour at a time and don't want to kill the bank if I don't have to. I read up some on the Headfive and it seems like a nice smooth amp that would seem like a nice compliment in the under $300 range, but there isn't a lot of information here about its ability with the RS-1's. Any help would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back