How are games when played using a flagship headphone?
Dec 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 9
It probably depends on the headphone in question more than anything, though I can safely say that for gaming alone (no music listening), you're well past the point of diminishing returns at that level. I probably crossed that point already when using a vintage Stax Lambda setup for gaming, and those only run for about $250-400 these days with a transformer box.

If you really want a flagship headphone that's competent at gaming, Stax in general and the HD800 would be the safe bets. I don't know as much about the others (in part due to focusing on Stax for the expensive stuff), but the K1000's design feature of fanning out in front of your ears would probably destroy the effectiveness of HRTF-based mixing technologies like CMSS-3D Headphone, Dolby Headphone, etc.

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
It probably depends on the headphone in question more than anything, though I can safely say that for gaming alone (no music listening), you're well past the point of diminishing returns at that level. I probably crossed that point already when using a vintage Stax Lambda setup for gaming, and those only run for about $250-400 these days with a transformer box.

If you really want a flagship headphone that's competent at gaming, Stax in general and the HD800 would be the safe bets. I don't know as much about the others (in part due to focusing on Stax for the expensive stuff), but the K1000's design feature of fanning out in front of your ears would probably destroy the effectiveness of HRTF-based mixing technologies like CMSS-3D Headphone, Dolby Headphone, etc.

I would have bought the HD800, but silly Senn refuses to lower the price.. I paid 994.00 for the T1's..

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 9
K1K & LCD-2 were kind of weird @ gaming.  HD800 I liked, but the bite got to me after a while, especially with shooters.

Those are really criticisms of the headphones though, over all it was pretty sweet, especially with the HD800.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 9
Well I've been gaming with the HD650 for quite a few years, since back when it was the flagship :). And it's great!

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #6 of 9
I play games with my 009s and they do alright. 
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #8 of 9
No difference as with music. Good headphones reproduce sound well simple as that.

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #9 of 9
Yes, the clean sound and very low distortion makes for a uphoric gaming experience on Black ops 2.. It has a type of refinement you can only get 1,000 flagship dynamics in my opinion. & much less for Ortho's and electro's, I hear. I hear room reverb win voices when I play black op 1 zombies. I don't hear that with my other cans. I thought their might be somthing wrong with the phone or game, but voices are fine with music and movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back