How are all those Woo Audio 2s doing?
Mar 20, 2009 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gvvt

Head-Fier
There's been little talk recently about the WA2 from all those folks who were ordering them a couple of months ago.

What are your impressions / observations / discoveries?

My suspicion is that everyone is just sitting back listening and enjoying, but that doesn't make for good reading on the forum.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 7
Don't know 'bout WA2's but my WA6SE with Sophia is doing mighty fine.
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you like the D2000 with your WA2? I had debated between 2 and 6SE before settling on 6SE.

Mar 20, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 7
There's some very limited discussion of how they compare in some prior threads / posts. Either in the WA6/6SE threads, or WA2 threads - do a search.

Though, I think the discussions suggested that if you needed to drive Denons, or Grados, you might be happier with the WA6/6SE.

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 7
Im "Still" waiting on the amp to be shiped.
The earlier arrived DAC has been sitting on the bookshelf for a while until the amp gets here.
Actually, today is the exactly one month since I ordered WA2. Mine should be ready nextweek! (4 weeks)

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #6 of 7
I got my WA2 about a week and a half ago. It sounds great and I am loving it. It is beautiful and built like a tank.

In terms of tubes, initially I was using two Tung Sol 5998s, two Amperex Bugle Boys and two Raytheon 6v4 rectifiers. Unfotunately, one of my Tung Sols seems to have given up the ghost so I am using some RCA 6AS7Gs instead, which don't sound as nice to my ear.

Now I just need to get a better source (currently I am running directly from my X-Prelude to the WA2). I need a dedicated DAC, but am still deciding which way to go.

Mar 23, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 7
I've had mine for almost 3 months now and loving it. LOVING it. I upgraded my phono preamp to one that works (Graham Slee Era Gold) and it corrected a minor volume issue I was having (phono pre's fault). With my Rega P2 TT and AKG K701s I'm just relaxing and enjoying. Since I'm not looking for a new headphone amp, I'm not posting as much.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back