How about the Sony D-143?
Sep 28, 2003 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kenchi1983

100+ Head-Fier
A friend of mine has the Sony D-143 and I asked if he's willing to sell it. I am waiting for an answer.

So what should i be expecting from this model? How is the sound quality? Is it comaparble to my Panasonic sl-s200 pcdp? I like the sound out from the pana a lot. I dont have a dedicated cd player, so ive been using the lineout from the pana for a while now. It's working good.

Ive seen the d143 before, and it was bulk and heavy. I also noticed it came with a propietary double A recharble battery set.

Also, what is a reasonable price for the sony d143? Im thinking of exchanging it for around $15-20.

So what do you think? I think i will mostly be using my gradosr80 for this. Anyone happen to have a picture to this model?

Sep 29, 2003 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 3
Kenchi1983,

I've not had any experience of this one myself so I can only guide you from past experience with other PCDPs.

For the amount that you have mention that your friend is selling for. As long as the batteries are in good shape you should be ok with this unit.

My experience with the D141 which would be of a similar era was a favourable one. These older PCDPs push out quite an impressive signal and can often drive difficult phones such as the SEnnheiser HD580/600 with ease.

Being a Grado owner myself I can safely say that a PCDP like this will easily drive them with no problems.

Personally i'd go with it, after all it's only going cost pocket money and will not be too much of a disappointment if it turns out to be pup (which i'd doubt anyway).

You might want to get your friend to loan you it for a few days so that you can try it out?

BTW, If you do decide get this one we'd love to see a review
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by kenchi1983
Anyone happen to have a picture to this model?

attachment.php

This is from ebay, looks like all the other D-14x models, don't know any specifics. Check out Duncan's review for his take on the D-141...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back