How about MS-PRo VS SR225
May 15, 2007 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

freakmax

500+ Head-Fier
I've had the MS-Pro for about 2 months.
They are sweet but I think it a bit overpriced.

I've read lots of appreciation threads of SR225's.
Do you think I would be dissapointed with the Sr225?
I maybe sell my MS-PRo and replace them with SR225 .
Is it a bad downgrade?
Does the SQ significantly loss?
rs1smile.gif

May 15, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 25
Well I haven't heard the MS-Pro....but today I went to listen to the RS-1 and SR225.

Big difference between those. You lose improved soundstage, some clarity, some channel seperation, and you lose the sweet lifelike sound of the RS-1. The SR225 are much colder and just don't sound near as realistic.

May 15, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 25
If you already own it and enjoy it too, why worry about the overpriced issue? Or did I miss something?
blink.gif

May 15, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 25
I remember having owned the MSPRO and SR225 at the same time. Both did things well- MSPRO had the bass and tone, SR225 had the detail and speed.

In the end i saved the SR225 for quite a while longer- to me it just sounded right- as the MSPRO, like the RS-1, has a slightly 'wonky' midrange.

May 15, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 25
Yeah I guess you should note I didn't really experience much midrange as I was listening mostly to the instruments. I'll bring some good vocal recordings next time I go to listen though.

May 15, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #6 of 25
There's a night and day difference between those two. Now when you've already got used to the MS-Pro sound, I guess that SR225 wouldn't please you.

May 15, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 25
It's a tough call, but let me say this: I would never even think of getting rid of my RS-1s. However, if something would ever happen to the headphones and I could not afford to replace them, I could be immensely satisfied with an SR60 in a pinch.

Night and day? Sure, but a Grado is a Grado.

May 15, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 25
You are right in both instances; the MS-pros are over priced & you would most likely be disappointed by the 225's.

If you want to down grade consider going to the MS2's, or 325's. They are much better than the 225's and cost much less than the MS-Pro's.

- augustwest

May 16, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Loose MS PRO and try GS1000
wink.gif
Other than that RS2. MS PRO miss a lot of fun, IMO.

I have MS-Pro and RS-2 both at home now. MS-Pro sounds more exciting than RS-2. RS-2 has mellower and smoother sound when MS-Pro gives more sparkle and slightly more forward sound. This MS-Pro is very new pair so it's not properly burned in yet, but it sounds awesome already.

GS1000 isn't even in a same league IMO.
tongue.gif

May 16, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #13 of 25
Well, maybe MS PRO are more exciting than RS2, which isn't the fact of course, but I think they are clone like between RS2 and RS1. And I do not like clones, only originals
tongue.gif

But if I have to pay USD 699 for MSPRO, I would put some little extra and buy GS1
cool.gif

It is always fun to have a word with you about it
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have MS-Pro and RS-2 both at home now. MS-Pro sounds more exciting than RS-2. RS-2 has mellower and smoother sound when MS-Pro gives more sparkle and slightly more forward sound. This MS-Pro is very new pair so it's not properly burned in yet, but it sounds awesome already.

GS1000 isn't even in a same league IMO.
tongue.gif

May 16, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you already own it and enjoy it too, why worry about the overpriced issue? Or did I miss something?
blink.gif

I'm wondering this also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, maybe MS PRO are more exciting than RS2, which isn't the fact of course, but I think they are clone like between RS2 and RS1. And I do not like clones, only originals
tongue.gif

But if I have to pay USD 699 for MSPRO, I would put some little extra and buy GS1
cool.gif

It is always fun to have a word with you about it
wink.gif

Fun indeed.
rolleyes.gif

Have you auditioned MS-Pro and RS-2 side by side?

I first thought that there can't be a big difference between MS-Pro and RS-2 because RS-1 and RS-2 were so similar but to my surprise, there was a noticeable difference.

May 16, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #15 of 25
No, I didn't. But I agree that MS PRO and RS2 are totally different beasts and I prefer RS2 by far. I never forget the clear and freaking detailed sounding RS2, never.
When I upgraded from SR225 to RS2, that's was really FUN. But when I have got MS PRO, after just having RS1 and already owning GS1, I found them pretty good vs RS1, but PRETTY NOTHING vs GS1.
But if you ask me what would I take for ROCK ONLY, between SR225-RS2-MS PRO, I say MS PRO. The reason of that is that they are much better than SR225 and less spike picky with highs than RS2, even with high level volume. One thing you have to do is switch the pads or use flats, cos they do miss GRADO punch. They have couple steps back and not that forward GRADO sound. If I had the money, I would take them as second one for my ROCK records.
But to be totally honest, I would took RS2 as well, if my wallet didn't hate me that much. It would be like:

RS2 - acoustic guitars stuff
MS PRO - ROCK
GS1 - JAZZ

Did I forget something
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering this also.

Fun indeed.
rolleyes.gif

Have you auditioned MS-Pro and RS-2 side by side?

I first thought that there can't be a big difference between MS-Pro and RS-2 because RS-1 and RS-2 were so similar but to my surprise, there was a noticeable difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back