How about JBL LX500 Boxes??
Feb 28, 2007 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Contrastique

Headphoneus Supremus
I have them and I like them. I was just wondering how other people have experienced these ones...? Pro's and Con's?? Maybe a silly question but I would like to hear other comments on those ones specifically.

Mar 1, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 3
I do have a pair of JBL LX500's and I like them very much.

There are two versions of this speakers. Are yours floorstanders?
Mine are made in Denmark and are 4 Ohms. It's said that these are much better than the 8 Ohm version, made in the US.
I wouldn't know because I just own these (bought them second hand) and haven't heard the the 8 Ohm version.
But, for me, these are just fine.

Mind you, they improved a lot after I put some spikes on them and put each on 2 pavement tiles with 4 washing machine dampers between the tiles.
It was needed because they sounded a bit muddy without them on my wooden floor with carpet on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if yours are also made in Denmark since we both live in The Netherlands (we met in Terneuzen).

Matthieu

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 3
I also have 4 ohms. They are standing on a stand so they don't touch the ground. We also have a wooden floor. Probably the same ones as yours.
Nice we have met haha! Who were you there, I cannot recall your face out of the blue...BTW there's another meet coming up in Holland at my place.
If you are interested in coming click the link in my sig...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back