How about HE-5's sound-stage?
Nov 4, 2009 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jonjovi421

New Head-Fier
These days,I found that some people said HE-5 is better than HD800, It that truth? And I am more concerned the sound-stage.Can HE-5's sound-stage better HD800's and k1000's sound-stage£¿

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HE-5s headstage i would say is better . but the soundstage on the hd800s is larger but not by much. idk which i like better yet ^_^

100% agree with this

Nov 5, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjovi421 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually,I don't know the meaning of "headstage" very well.Is there someone can explain it? Thanks

Headstage = sound that appear to be in your head
soundstage = sound that seem to be around your head.
Theyre part of the same thing (soundfield) but theyre just clarfications. Some headphones have a poor headstage (you mostly head stuff from around you) and some have a poor soundstage (its mostly in your head)

In theory channel bleeding will improve the headstage and reduce the soundstage.
Mono signals should be completely soundstage (although it might sound like it is coming from two different points depending on how 'integrated' the sound of the cans is).
Thats what i figured, anyway.

edit: ... this is what I think it is anyway... lmao

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headstage = sound that appear to be in your head
soundstage = sound that seem to be around your head.
Theyre part of the same thing (soundfield) but theyre just clarfications. Some headphones have a poor headstage (you mostly head stuff from around you) and some have a poor soundstage (its mostly in your head)
In theory channel bleeding will improve the headstage and reduce the soundstage.
Mono signals should be completely soundstage (although it might sound like it is coming from two different points depending on how 'integrated' the sound of the cans is).
Thats what i figured, anyway.
edit: ... this is what I think it is anyway... lmao

Thanks a lot.According to this point,is that means the headphones which is headstaged,the soundstage should be very bad?The soundstage is very small?

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjovi421 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot.According to this point,is that means the headphones which is headstaged,the soundstage should be very bad?The soundstage is very small?

No, soundstage is good on headphones.
The stereo bias that exists in headphones helps.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #11 of 13
Thanks everyone`s replying.

But in this sentence"HE-5s headstage i would say is better . but the soundstage on the hd800s is larger but not by much. idk which i like better yet ^_^ ".

what`s different between headstage and soundstage?

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jageur272 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This couldn't be asked in the already existing HE-5 thread?

A new member, didn't know better/search?
Thread too long, didn't have time to read it all?
Another promotion trick, get your attention?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back