How about Altec Lansing UHP 606
Oct 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KingL

New Head-Fier
I am now interested on earphone about less than $50.
and interested on UHP606 dued to its low price and quality(just heard from somebody that sell it).

However, I cannot find any review about it.
So I dont have any idea whether is good.

I like pop, jazz, blue and some easy listening music.
Is it ok for me?
Are there any earphone better than UHP606(in the price of less than $50).

Thank you for your comment in advanced.
And sorry for my poor english.

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 6
I haven't heard the Altec's but around that price range these are generally considered the best:
Nuforce NE7M
Meelectronics Ai-M6 or M9
Soundmagic PL50
Apple Dual-Driver Earphones
Head-Direct RE2

Just search the forum for reviews.

Nov 20, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 6
I have used these and they are great! I have had the JVC Mashmallo, Klipsch X5, UHP206 and the UHP606. You would have thought that the X5's would have been the best seeing that they were over 3 times the cost of the UHP606's when they were 80.00. Now that they are 25.00 from Amazon.com with free shipping the X5's are almost 10 times more expensive. I thought the X5's were very very nice sounding but I honestly say that the only difference I could tell is that the X5's had better isolation but not better bass, mid, highs, etc??? I don't know, maybe it's my ears but the UHP606's sounded pretty darn good to me. All of the earphones that I had were burned in for 60 hours and the marshmallows I was able to listen to without and with the "Kramer" mod. Hope this helps.

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 6
I just recently got the UHP606 and they sound absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I'd recommend them.

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #6 of 6
The UHP606 is supposed to be a rebranded version of the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 4, which retail for $129. Comparing all the specifications of both earphones corroborate this fact. Considering the Altec Lansings are only $25 shipped, I'd say it's a worthwhile purchase.

I got mine a couple weeks ago from Amazon. They sound very good, with clear, balanced highs and mids, and excellent detail but nary a hint sibilance or harshness whatsoever. The bass isn't its strongest suit; there's not enough of it. But at least what's there has good impact/kick and doesn't overwhelm the music. The very same characteristics could and have been said about the SuperFi 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back