How about a pic of your stereo/home theater rig?
Dec 6, 2003 at 7:42 AM Post #46 of 207
805s...mmmm...what stands are those? (not to mention how much and where?
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 7, 2003 at 4:20 AM Post #50 of 207
My modest system:
myroom.jpg

Dec 7, 2003 at 10:20 AM Post #51 of 207
I can’t show you my home theater right now because it is being revamped and I sold my projectors.

My gear is set up and tore down on a daily basis. I really have too much stuff to fit on these threads. My family has always told me that I have a serious problem collecting too much audio gear. Here is a picture of some of my favorite Carver gear that I currently have set up in my living room stereo just for this photo.

Carver Amazing Platinum Mk IV
11.jpg
12.jpg

Carver C-9 Sonic Hologram Generator
Carver PT-2400 amplifier (1200 watts/channel)
13.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/Headfi/shoebox.msnw
280smile.gif

Dec 8, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #53 of 207
BMP2000,

I can tell from your led on your Peavey that it is bridged. Is your Shiva 8 ohms?

Aren't you woried about the magnet of the speaker being in such close proximity to your hard drive and monitor?

That Peavey is not very good for full range sound but it is top notch for a sub amplifier!

Those Energy and PSB speakers are great little speakers for the price range. Very nice selection.

280smile.gif

Dec 8, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #54 of 207
Quote:

Originally posted by qwerty870
stuartr,

How does that Conrad Johnson stuff work with those B&W 805s. I am looking at a new amp for my 805S. Im thinking the Classe CAM200s, but I'm not sure.

CJ and B&W work really well together. The synergy between the CAV-50 and the 805s is excellent. It makes for a resolving and yet extremely musical combination. Are you thinking about the CAV-50, or something in the way of separates? If you go separates, I recommend jumping to the premier series for a preamp -- they are fantastic, and I think they are substantially better than the PV-10, which seems to be a component not as brilliant as much of the rest of their line...
Stuart

Dec 8, 2003 at 4:29 AM Post #55 of 207
Quote:

Originally posted by hottyson
BMP2000,

I can tell from your led on your Peavey that it is bridged. Is your Shiva 8 ohms?

Aren't you woried about the magnet of the speaker being in such close proximity to your hard drive and monitor?

That Peavey is not very good for full range sound but it is top notch for a sub amplifier!

Those Energy and PSB speakers are great little speakers for the price range. Very nice selection.

280smile.gif

I did have worries about the magnet being close to the other things at first, but I've had them in such proximity for quite some time now without any noticable problems.. so I am just going with it, and yes, I love the little Energies and PSBs
smily_headphones1.gif
. Hard to get any sort of good placement but I'll take what I can get.

As for the Peavey, I didn't think I had it in bridged mode... I use one channel for the sub (wired parallel for 4ohms, 400w receiving) and the other channel to power my Avatar B210 2x10 cab for my bass guitar. I'll have to check the back of it..... yup definitely in stereo mode. Nice amp for the money, thing just will not die!

Dec 8, 2003 at 7:59 AM Post #56 of 207
Quote:

Originally posted by bpm2000
As for the Peavey, I didn't think I had it in bridged mode... I use one channel for the sub (wired parallel for 4ohms, 400w receiving) and the other channel to power my Avatar B210 2x10 cab for my bass guitar. I'll have to check the back of it..... yup definitely in stereo mode. Nice amp for the money, thing just will not die!

Oh. My bad. It looked like your B channel LED was not lit in the picture. It can handle a 4 ohm load with no problem in stereo. Great slew rates to run those subs.

Yes, it will probably live forever. One of the best pro amp designs ever period.

280smile.gif

Dec 9, 2003 at 4:52 AM Post #58 of 207
Lan: Nice photography.
wink.gif
Man, those computers must be loud when you have them all running. I am continually trying to get my computers quieter and quieter. I have four running in my studio already. :p

StuartR: More nice photography. Nice tungsten look. Matches the tubes.
smily_headphones1.gif
BTW, it that the dreaded Yellow warning LED I see light up on the P300?
eek.gif

I'll post pics of my modest Home Theater when I clean up a bit. Haha.

-Ed

Dec 10, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #60 of 207
Uma! *drewls*

Edwood, nah they're not that loud as I've modified them to be quiet. Before they were like a hurricane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back