How about a Basement-Fi Category?
Jul 27, 2016 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Wiljen

Headphoneus Supremus
We have a summit-fi section that takes on the very high-end of the price spectrum.  How about a Basement-Fi section that addresses only those items below say $400.   I think having some entry level stuff in its own section would make it easier to find for those new to head-fi that are just starting out with a small budget or those of us with enough other expenses that $1000 items just are not on the to-do list. 

Would others benefit from this or am I alone in that thought?

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 3
We have a summit-fi section that takes on the very high-end of the price spectrum.  How about a Basement-Fi section that addresses only those items below say $400.   I think having some entry level stuff in its own section would make it easier to find for those new to head-fi that are just starting out with a small budget or those of us with enough other expenses that $1000 items just are not on the to-do list. 

Would others benefit from this or am I alone in that thought?

I would back it. I think it's a great idea, especially for lurkers (you know who you are). But how about instead of basement-fi calling it beginner-fi, you know, because basement-fi has a sort of bad connotation to it.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #3 of 3
I have no worries about what it gets named.  It could be Base Camp or something like that too to complement Summit-fi.  I leave that to the powers that be here as they do an amazing job and I don't pretend to want to interfere with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back