1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

How about a Basement-Fi Category?

1. Wiljen
    We have a summit-fi section that takes on the very high-end of the price spectrum.  How about a Basement-Fi section that addresses only those items below say $400.   I think having some entry level stuff in its own section would make it easier to find for those new to head-fi that are just starting out with a small budget or those of us with enough other expenses that $1000 items just are not on the to-do list. 

Would others benefit from this or am I alone in that thought?

2. PL4Y3R 0N3
    I would back it. I think it's a great idea, especially for lurkers (you know who you are). But how about instead of basement-fi calling it beginner-fi, you know, because basement-fi has a sort of bad connotation to it.

3. Wiljen
    I have no worries about what it gets named.  It could be Base Camp or something like that too to complement Summit-fi.  I leave that to the powers that be here as they do an amazing job and I don't pretend to want to interfere with that.