Household source help
Jul 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

studmuffin357

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I've heard a lot about different household audio sources (ipod, smartphone, laptop, etc...) giving different power for headphones, so I started wondering what difference does it make? So I have a low power pair of headphones (v moda crossfade lp) and I was wondering what you guys consider as the best direct source. Now I know there are amps and things of that nature, but what gives the best power to your headphones without it? and is it even worth worrying about?

Right now I have an ipod, droid razr and a laptop. Do any of these give off more or less power or am I just worrying about dumb things? Thanks in advance!

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hey guys I've heard a lot about different household audio sources (ipod, smartphone, laptop, etc...) giving different power for headphones, so I started wondering what difference does it make? So I have a low power pair of headphones (v moda crossfade lp) and I was wondering what you guys consider as the best direct source. Now I know there are amps and things of that nature, but what gives the best power to your headphones without it? and is it even worth worrying about?

Right now I have an ipod, droid razr and a laptop. Do any of these give off more or less power or am I just worrying about dumb things? Thanks in advance!

What do you think?  Seriously, what has more voltage and current available out of the items you mentioned?

The sad thing is that none of them are very good for full-size headphones unless the headphones are extremely efficient.  They all have amps - just very weak ones.
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back