House of Marley Roar: My first impressions
May 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

3xclu5ive

Head-Fier
House of Marley is not a well known brand on this website but I decided to go with the cheaper pair of headphones from this brand. I know this brand is for the consumer or basshead market and I love audio quality, but I was not dissapointed by these.

House of Marley did a great job with the packaging. I love how it is made of recycled materials, keeping the earth clean. The headphones themselves were nice and stylish, a great conversation starter when your out and about. The ear pads are very comfortable and they sat on my ear fine. The clamp force is on the tighter side and I found it to be a little bit uncomfortable but that will go away when the headband or ear pads break in. The cable is short and great for portability. It also comes with a in-line mic which I mainly don't like but because these are portable headphones, I understand why there  is one. The headband pad is made of rubber with a tiny air gap that is hardly noticeable.

Of course, I thought the bass will drown out the mids and highs, but they kind of do. Without increasing the treble frequencies in the equalizer, they sound muffled but the bass was boomy and punchy, which I would've liked if the mids and highs were not muffled or recessed. With EDM and hip hop, they sound good but I couldn't handle the muffled sound. By increasing the highs, you now get a "v" sounding headphones. I love the sound of them and oh my God! I can feel the soul in my tracks! With great highs and big lows, these are a great basshead headphones on a budget. No House of Marley headphones can be listened to without some Bob Marley. They sound great with his songs. The default EQ with the headphones gives Bob Marley's voice a good clarity but on one song in particular, called Rebel Soul, the bass started to distort the whole song just a tiny bit but it didn't stop me from making it sound fun.

I am more than happy with what House of Marley had to deliver with a £20 budget on ear headphones. Great build quality, good comfort, and great sound if you equalize it. I know that audiophiles don't love big bass but when I want to listen to music and have fun, House of Marley has got me covered.

Remember, this is my initial impressions, not a full review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back