Hotmail
Jun 25, 2004 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MuZI

Headphoneus Supremus
The upgrade will increase Hotmail's free e-mail storage limits from 2 megabytes to 250MB and its paid e-mail service, which costs $19.95 a year, from 10MB to 2 gigabytes. The changes will begin in early July. "With these new offers, storage will not be an issue for MSN Hotmail customers," corporate vice president of communication services for MSN, said in a statement. -- HardOCP.com

Everyone is moving on up..
rolleyes.gif

Jun 25, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 7
files are getting bigger, people move more data, stuff should grow.

while I'm not sure I'm happy about microsoft's world domination, Hotmail rules.

the question remains though, would you store 2 gigs of possibly important data in your hotmail account?

Jun 25, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 7
I've had my Hotmail address for several years now. I was notified today that my account would be increased to 2 gigs at no extra charge.

I'm stoked, man!

cool.gif

Jun 26, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #6 of 7
I've had Hotmail for years, so this is GOOD news. I use MS Outlook at home, so I move files and emails off Hotmail pretty regularly to local folders, but it will be nice to have more storage so when I'm away I don't have to worry about running out of space. I seem to do that often.
I'll admit it, I'm cheap - it's "free" email, so I haven't wanted to pay for extra storage. Even though it's not really expensive...
biggrin.gif

And no, I wouldn't want to store important stuff on a public server. That's what Zip drives and CDs are for!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back