Hotel Rwanda, Go see it!
Feb 27, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #16 of 18
Saw it last night and was kind of disappointed. While it was definitely good, I still think that Million Dollar Baby was better, and I was not too impressed by that.

But I did enjoy Hotel Rwanda, and would highly recommend it, even if it does not get any awards tonight.

Feb 27, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #17 of 18
I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD...hard to get to the movies with two young kids.
biggrin.gif

A couple of coworkers have seen it, and had a lot of good things to say.

Feb 27, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #18 of 18
I saw the movie last night and I thought it was fantastic. I have new respect for Don Cheadle.

It was interesting to see how they treated the bloodshed - they didn't show you much and when they did, it seemed sanitized. In reality, those people were not just killed with machetes, they were dismembered, there were mass rapes, etc. But I guess the filmmakers were concerned with Paul's story and I thought they did a good job of using his story and the Milles Collines to show all of the events.

It is truly shameful that Europe, and to a certain degree, the U.S., didn't do anything. I wonder if any of those government leaders lose sleep at night knowing they could have done something but didn't.

This is an interesting book on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back