Hot swap between amps like a KVM switch?
May 11, 2022 at 9:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Azmerth

New Head-Fier
I use a KVM switch for my computer. Is there something like this to be able to not have to unplug my dac and other one in and same for amp?

For testing and use. I have 2 Dacs and three amps and want to make easily interchangeable between each other. I'm sure there has to be something, just not sure what it would be called.

Thanks in advance

May 11, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 7
For example. I have two Dacs.

> Grace sdac balanced

> Schitt Bifrost 2

I have a three amps

> Burson Soloist 3x

> Darkvoice

> Topping A90 which I might not keep

Just looking for easier way than unplugging balanced ports to test out combinations i like

May 11, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #4 of 7
(deleted)

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 7
Ok I ended up getting this, but don't have all the XLR connectors as I want to setup the area first, then measure to needs. Saw a post on FB about this and good feedback.

Excited to easily swap out variations easily to narrow down A/B testing and just play around with.

Cheers!

May 12, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 7
Ok I ended up getting this, but don't have all the XLR connectors as I want to setup the area first, then measure to needs. Saw a post on FB about this and good feedback.

Excited to easily swap out variations easily to narrow down A/B testing and just play around with.

Cheers!
Their switchers are very good. I had the XLR one pictured above and recently sold it.
I still have my RCA one, but I just put it in a drawer the other day.
I dud have one problem where the outputs were drifting between knob settings. They sent me a small board and it was a 15 minute fix. No soldering.

Their products are great bang for the buck!

PS: My usage was one DAC feeding several amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back