HoT news from TTVJAudio MQA goes live and New Chord Products!
Jan 6, 2017 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

Well, I was wondering if this day would ever come. After hearing MQA files, I was very excited that they would soon be available. Well, soon has arrived. Yesterday on Tidal, MQA music became available!!!

This from Meridian...

Hello,

Great news from CES, Tidal has launched their new “Masters” service with MQA!  Here is what we know:
  1. There is nice collection of content live now
  2. It DOES work in Sooloos and Roon!
    1. You can stream now to 818v3, 808v6, and Ultra!
      1. When playing a MQA file, it will show up and say MQA
    2. There is NO way to SEARCH for Tidal albums/tracks with either yet
    3. You must know what you are looking for
    4. We do not know if this will be added, but will update you as we get more information
    5. You can use Tidal’s computer app, and that shows you their entire “Masters” collection
    6. The Explorer2 and Prime both support playback from Tidal’s desktop app

Details from Tidal can be found here – www.tidal.com/masters

So, all you folks who have the Explorer2 or Prime headphone amp are now able to utilize their ability to decode MQA!!! And for those of you who want to get on board, we have both the Meridian Prime headphone amp/DAC and Meridian Explorer2 in stock and ready to go.

Chord has announced three new products... and they will be available next week on our website. Keep an eye out at TTVJAudio.com for pricing and availability.

5th January 2017 CES, Las Vegas: The UK's leading digital audio expert, Chord Electronics, has unveiled three new digital products featuring proprietary technology at CES: Hugo 2, Blu MkII and Poly, a new wireless streaming module with SD card playback for the Mojo headphone amp/DAC.

We are excited to add these great new products to our already fantastic lineup. More info to come very soon!

Todd

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi All,

Just checked on TIDAL and there are a lot more MQA titles available. Looks like they are adding them daily!

I am considering a loaner program with my Meridian Prime amp for those who may be interested in both buying one and hearing what MQA sounds like. Let me know if you are interested in this product.

I already did a loaner program with the Explorer2. Unless I get a large number of folks asking for a loaner I won't be doing another round with the Explorer2.... so if you want to hear it you willl need to make some noise here and entice met to do it...

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back