Hot deal heads up for Canadians: Creative Zen Aurvana IEMs for $39.99 at Best Buy!
Jun 17, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #16 of 26
To the people who think theyll be selling their ep630s: you wont.

The Aurv are not exactly any better than the eps or in fact maybe not even better than the x3s.

The reason you might want to sell the 630s is if you dont utilize your Eq on your dap or you prefer a leaner more middy and less baa+ less high iem in a canalphone iso. Do some research and youll find out why as tempted as I was, I didnt get it.

Jun 17, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #17 of 26
for those of you who bought this already, when youg et to step 2 and it lists the quantity you are buying and the item, under the item did you guys see in stock or out of stock?

at first, i click on item detail and it says that there is 152 left... i nvr bought online before so i made an account and then fill out everything up to step 2.. and under the item name is says in stock... then when i went in again after an hour or so... the quantity the had was 439, but when i got to that part it says out of stock... wierd...

Jun 17, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #18 of 26
I myself wouln't pay ten dollars for them now that I have actually bought them at the full 100 dollars. Skip these for the Altec IM616 or IM716. Waaaaaaaaaaay better phones. Depending on the source the treble is either nonexistant (Creative Zen Extra) or soft but tinny sounding (Microsoft Zune & my home setup, my home setup sounding the best but still pretty bad compared to other better phones).

Jun 17, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #19 of 26
Sounds like they are not even worth $40 cad....
I should learn to be more patient before ordering a pair.
Hope they are better than ep630 in some ways
eek.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by bestnaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like they are not even worth $40 cad....
I should learn to be more patient before ordering a pair.
Hope they are better than ep630 in some ways
eek.gif

They are ok up to the treble but they really fall apart there. Without good treble the mids can sound somwhat dead. On my Zen Extra all the bells & tinkly sounds totally disappear & on the Zune they sound tinny & hollow but still no real extension past about 10KHz. On the Zen it was more like only 6Khz extension. From there the treble dropped like a rock.

Jun 17, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the aurvanas are actually good ? every time i asked about them, i´ve been told that their almost as much of a waste of money as a pair of Pose triports

I would buy a pair of triports for $40. That's KSC75-range stuff.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #23 of 26
Man with all this negative feedback I don't think I'll keep them. Good thing they didn't ship yet. Consider these canceled. Close one for my wallet. :\

Jun 17, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the aurvanas are actually good ? every time i asked about them, i´ve been told that their almost as much of a waste of money as a pair of Pose triports

They are worse than the Bose Triports but better than the Bose OE. In spite of the rolled off treble they still have more life to them than the OE. In spite of the Triport obvious colorations they have a slightly more open sounding treble but the advantage for the triports is very very slight to say the least. The Aurvana's are more balanced up to the treble but the lack of treble really cuts them down big time & even at the aurvana's best, thier treble is just horrible sounding if you can even get any out of them which really depends on your source.

Jun 18, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are ok up to the treble but they really fall apart there. Without good treble the mids can sound somwhat dead. On my Zen Extra all the bells & tinkly sounds totally disappear & on the Zune they sound tinny & hollow but still no real extension past about 10KHz. On the Zen it was more like only 6Khz extension. From there the treble dropped like a rock.

Thanks ,germanium
Guess I am better prepared now...

Prepare to cancel the order
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back