HOT DEAL ALERT! iRiver IHP-140 - $370!
Mar 14, 2004 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

austonia

Headphoneus Supremus
Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...447363-5555017

REMEMBER, IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY, GO THROUGH THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THE HEAD-FI SCREEN TO HELP SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2004 at 6:38 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by br--
I would be wary of trusting the mail in rebate.

why? has iRiver been any less trustworthy than Canadians?

Mar 15, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #7 of 11
That's an awesome price! The ihp-140 is now within $10 of the price of the ihp-120 at amazon.

I had been tracking the price of the Ihp-140 for about a month now, and just took the plunge last week, when it dropped to the lowest-ever price of $420 at Amazon. I purchased just a couple days too soon to get the rebate.
frown.gif

I wonder if amazon would adjust my order date or do anything else to get me the rebate.

Mar 15, 2004 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 11
You can call them ask for price adjustment, it always work for Amazon for me.

Quote:

Originally posted by daveman
That's an awesome price! The ihp-140 is now within $10 of the price of the ihp-120 at amazon.

I had been tracking the price of the Ihp-140 for about a month now, and just took the plunge last week, when it dropped to the lowest-ever price of $420 at Amazon. I purchased just a couple days too soon to get the rebate.
frown.gif

I wonder if amazon would adjust my order date or do anything else to get me the rebate.

Mar 15, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Whenever I submit a mail in rebate, I rarely get refunded. And if I do, it's like 9 months later. All I'm saying is if you want to purchase an item with a mail in rebate, don't rely on it and be prepared to pay the full price.

I've received nearly all the rebates I've sent off for. Several dozen anyway. Only one got rejected and one never showed up . Most places, while slow, are pretty honest about it. Some are certainly better than others. The hot deal gurus at Anandtech know which retailers are more reliable about them, maybe ask it about it there. I havn't heard any bad things about iRiver rebates so far...

Mar 15, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Whenever I submit a mail in rebate, I rarely get refunded. And if I do, it's like 9 months later. All I'm saying is if you want to purchase an item with a mail in rebate, don't rely on it and be prepared to pay the full price.

I have received mine as well. Always make sure you keep copies of the stuff you sent. And contact them if you don't get yours.

MIRs usually took 4-8 weeks to process. And make sure you see where the rebate going to, where it's processed, some known rebate center are not reliable, which you want to avoid, ex: maddog, compusa, etc.

Eventhough instant rebate always better than MIR, but those MIR sometimes sweeten the deal.

-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back