hot CDs anything you can do?
Mar 18, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 7
Music is kind of like a pretzel. Once toasted, it can never be dough again.
minipretzel.jpg

The music industry believes that everyone prefers them cooked, but there's always the odd folk like us who'd rather eat 'em raw!

/

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelconnor
Music is kind of like a pretzel. Once toasted, it can never be dough again...

Best. Analogy. Ever.

biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 7
If it's actually clipping, you could load it into Adobe Audition (/cool edit pro) and normalize it to a lower volume. You could also run it through an expander plugin, although that's not going to recover information that's lost. Basically you *could* remaster it on a PC and improve the sound a bit, but not to the level it was before the original mastering screwed it up. I'm not sure I'd bother, unless it was music I really loved and wanted to just see if there was something I could do.

Mar 18, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 7
With some knowledge of basic alchemy you can turn that The Go! Team CD into an excellant beverage coaster.

Mar 18, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja
With some knowledge of basic alchemy you can turn that The Go! Team CD into an excellant beverage coaster.

Hahaha. That CD is really low-fi indeed!

BTW, I saw them live 2 weeks ago. Very fun!

I hate the way CDs are mixed these last 10 years. I just can't enjoy some recordings anymore.

Thanks God things are different in Classical and most Jazz. But it really is a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back