Horse-Flogging: K601 or K701?
Apr 9, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be noted the K701 has bulges on the headband which a sizable amount of people find uncomfortable. The 601 lacks these.

For this reason alone I voted for the 601s. I used to own the 701s and liked them a lot. The comfort level however, left a LOT to be desired. It helps to bend the headband some.

Apr 9, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

I really want to hear the K601, pretty much for the same reasons I think you do...namely that some say they are a tad better for rock than the K701. Anyway, about the grados...more exciting than the K701, at least for rock.

I have owned SR225s (sold to acquire HF-1s). I currently own the HF-1s, RS-1s, and AKG k601s. I cannot speak to the k701s, as I have never owned them and have only very briefly auditoned them (and then, on a system I did not care for).

That said, having both Grados and k601s: over 90% of the time, I prefer to listen to a Grado for rock music. The only exception is when I'd like to get a bit larger soundstage than what I can get from a Grado.

I also get a kick (flame away if it makes your day) over the number of people who will trash one model or brand while they wax ecstatic over whatever it is they happen to own or be enamored of at the moment, without qualifying their statements by a disclaimer like " to my ears, on my system" or some like statement. These are the people who would have burned "witches" on a stake a couple of hundred years ago. Whatever they think must be right, because they think it. (Where's a puke smiley when you need one)?

Apr 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by auris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have owned SR225s (sold to acquire HF-1s). I currently own the HF-1s, RS-1s, and AKG k601s. I cannot speak to the k701s, as I have never owned them and have only very briefly auditoned them (and then, on a system I did not care for).

That said, having both Grados and k601s: over 90% of the time, I prefer to listen to a Grado for rock music. The only exception is when I'd like to get a bit larger soundstage than what I can get from a Grado.

I also get a kick (flame away if it makes your day) over the number of people who will trash one model or brand while they wax ecstatic over whatever it is they happen to own or be enamored of at the moment, without qualifying their statements by a disclaimer like " to my ears, on my system" or some like statement. These are the people who would have burned "witches" on a stake a couple of hundred years ago. Whatever they think must be right, because they think it. (Where's a puke smiley when you need one)?

"fanboy"="witch".
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back