Horrifying monster wearing Grados!
Sep 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

iDark

Head-Fier
Hello all!
I just wanted to share this little picture I made at high school art class. Its a metaphoric picture. Original picture drewn by Zdzislaw Beksinski (Poland) - All I did was redraw the original picture and added a pair of Grado SR60 (Audiophile much?) - I got A+ on this one hehe. Hope you enjoy

beks.jpg

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 31
That's a really cool drawing! You've got quite a bit of talent!

EDIT: What did you use?

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 31
The metaphor is pretty shallow, TBH (I don't pull any punches when it comes to critiquing
smily_headphones1.gif
) but the original artwork is amazing! I looked up a couple more pieces by the artist, really amazing stuff.

zdzislaw_beksinski_075.jpg

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a really cool drawing! You've got quite a bit of talent!

EDIT: What did you use?

Acrylic Colours.
Pencil for outlines though :O

Quote:

The metaphor is pretty shallow, TBH (I don't pull any punches when it comes to critiquing ) but the original artwork is amazing! I looked up a couple more pieces by the artist, really amazing stuff.

Yes I realise that. But I really didn't what to change on the picture. So I just added a pair of headphones, All I could think of at the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the original artwork is amazing! I looked up a couple more pieces by the artist, really amazing stuff.

zdzislaw_beksinski_075.jpg

To say the least! Thanks for the heads up on this guy and thats a very impressive rendition, nice.

Sep 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by iDark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I realise that. But I really didn't what to change on the picture. So I just added a pair of headphones, All I could think of at the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey no need to defend your artwork, you are an artist! If you have any other artwork I and I'm sure others would love to see it- it's obvious that you're talented, and I would like to see how that talent is applied.

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #13 of 31
That's pretty good. I have to admit I've always been amazed about how some people are just so incredible at drawing and painting. It's like they could paint blindfolded and it would still be 100x better than what I can do. Even when I actually try, my drawings always come out unproportional with bad geometry.

I guess I'll just stick with the electronics and CAD.

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey no need to defend your artwork, you are an artist! If you have any other artwork I and I'm sure others would love to see it- it's obvious that you're talented, and I would like to see how that talent is applied.

Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Here are some more works I drew at school

These however were not "copied" like the grado monster - these were drawn straight from my head using different pencils etc.

The last one I drew yesterday infact! Enjoy

memoryofswedenbyumdriel.jpg

divinewoodbyumdriel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back