Horrible first buy and experience.
Mar 31, 2016 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Randy Marsh

New Head-Fier
Ordered my first headphones the other day, was the sennheiser HD600s. Ordered them used with one day shipping on amazon.I was hesitant about ordering used but it was coming from amazon so I thought it would be good. Condition was described as "very good" and here are the details "Condition: Used - Very Good - Minor cosmetic imperfection on front of item (less than 1/4"x1/4"). Minor cosmetic imperfection on top or sides of item (less than 1/4"x1/4"). Item will come in original packaging. Packaging may be damaged.". After receiving them today I hooked them up to my fiio e10k to find the right driver didn't work. I opened it up to discover nasty dirt and just crumbs of stuff. The little wire was also cut in half. Then I realized after putting it back together that the left capsule was dented. So I opened it to push it out and again a ton of crumbs and a moth was in it. Amazons solution was to send it back which is fine, but with the slowest shipping speed and 5-10 days to process! This is so ridiculous I clearly payed 25$ extra for 1 day shipping for a reason! If I wanted any faster shipping I have to pay for it myself so tomorrow I have to go out of my way just to send these disgusting things back for 25$! So never order used from amazon even if it is being sold by them! This is disgusting and now my head itches and im paranoid it could have been infested with other bugs.

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 13
ugh...that sucks,better luck buying from here,most of the traders on this site with positive feedback are much reliable than Amazon

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 13
Wow--that is just hideous. If I were you, I would write amazon customer service complaints and tell them what happened to you and how unhappy you are with the experience. Maybe they will do something more for you like a gift certificate or something. Better luck in the future!

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 13
Amazon customer service is pretty good. You can probably get the shipping fees refunded.

They are not gonna do anything until they receive it. Then they will refund me. Its so stupid if I don't wanna wait 2 weeks I will have to go out tomorrow and pay for 2 day shipping myself because the best they can do said will take about 5 days... Then another 5 days to process. I left a review but it said it has to be processed by them. I bet they wont approve it xD.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 13
My experience might be different based on the fact that I have Amazon Prime and I use it often. Maybe they give preference to frequent customers? I really don't know but I have a pretty unhealthy obsession with Amazon :)

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 13
Here are pics guys: http://imgur.com/a/H0cxY

My left ear at the moment is a bit swollen on the inside and itches. Also a painful-ish bump has appeared. I'm staring to freak out this is weird.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #8 of 13
My experience might be different based on the fact that I have Amazon Prime and I use it often. Maybe they give preference to frequent customers? I really don't know but I have a pretty unhealthy obsession with Amazon
smily_headphones1.gif

This is just disgusting. I tried to attach pics but it said it would have to be approved by mods.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #9 of 13
Yes they vet all reviews first but there should not be an issue with your review being posted. They aren't big into censorship, more screening for spam. I put a lot of faith in Amazon reviews and they are very proud of their review system. If you haven't talked to a live person I would call them ASAP to see if you can resolve your grievances.

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #10 of 13
Yes they vet all reviews first but there should not be an issue with your review being posted. They aren't big into censorship, more screening for spam. I put a lot of faith in Amazon reviews and they are very proud of their review system. If you haven't talked to a live person I would call them ASAP to see if you can resolve your grievances.

I have been in chats for like 2 hours now. I got the best they could do for me I believe. Im just angry I payed for one day shipping and this is what I got. Also that they didn't even check to make sure its working...

Mar 31, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #11 of 13
Usually used stuff comes directly from the seller. You also have to remember that even if it did go through Amazon they send out millions of packages every year and can only give a quick visual inspection at best. The person that suggested this site's for-sale section had it right. You're going to have a better experience when you're not dealing with a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #12 of 13
Usually used stuff comes directly from the seller. You also have to remember that even if it did go through Amazon they send out millions of packages every year and can only give a quick visual inspection at best. The person that suggested this site's for-sale section had it right. You're going to have a better experience when you're not dealing with a multi-billion dollar corporation.

This is true I believe. If it says "fulfilled by Amazon", chances are the seller sends his/her stuff to Amazon and have them store it and ship once it sells. What process Amazon goes through to make sure the product is legit and up to par, I'm not sure. But if it falls under their fulfillment responsibility, they are usually very good in owning up to it and making sure any problem is resolved. But still sucks for OP for getting that god awful pair of headphones though.

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #13 of 13
Ha! Amazon wouldn't let me leave a bad review just like I said. I used no foul language and kept everything somewhat professional and even provided a few pic! They just said it couldn't be posted in its current form... Probably because I told people they should stay away from used headphones. Amazon is just disgusting. I really wish I could attach pics here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back