Horrible distortion is Schiit stack
Mar 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AdmiralAkmir

New Head-Fier
I got the Schiit M&M stack a few weeks ago, usually I just leave it on unless I'm going somewhere for a long time. Today I sat down after lunch and had horrible distortion in the right ear. It was an awful static hiss with popping sounds. What ended up fixing it was removing the modi's usb cable, when I plugged it back in the problem was gone.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 6
This is exactly what happened to me when I left the schiit stack connected to my laptop while the laptop was in either "Balanced" or "Power Saving" mode without the AC charger plugged in, as opposed to High Performance. Figured it was not feeding enough power. Try playing around with that and see if that fixes it for you.
  I got the Schiit M&M stack a few weeks ago, usually I just leave it on unless I'm going somewhere for a long time. Today I sat down after lunch and had horrible distortion in the right ear. It was an awful static hiss with popping sounds. What ended up fixing it was removing the modi's usb cable, when I plugged it back in the problem was gone.

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 6
  This is exactly what happened to me when I left the schiit stack connected to my laptop while the laptop was in either "Balanced" or "Power Saving" mode without the AC charger plugged in, as opposed to High Performance. Figured it was not feeding enough power. Try playing around with that and see if that fixes it for you.

Same thing happened to me yesterday actually, some kind of weird USB power saving thing, just turned the setting off and it seems to be working.

Mar 9, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 6
I have had it happen for me it was just unplug the modi and plug it back it and that solved the issue. I haven't gone into my bios and changed the USB settings to power of when I shut the computer down.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back