Horrible build quality of CrossRoads Mylarone XB?
Jun 10, 2008 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sonicm

100+ Head-Fier
I got a pair of CrossRoads Mylarone XB a while ago, and they're pretty good sound-wise. When it comes to build quality, though, they're absolutely horrible. Parts were always loose/falling out and superglue only worked as a temporary solution. Finally after a couple month of fairly light use, the back part of the iem that connects the wire to the driver came off, and my right 'phone went out
frown.gif
Well anyways to get to the point of this post; did Jaben(or whoever the distributor is, I got mine used) ever do anything about the horrible build quality issue? I think I remember hearing about them being replaced by the distributor, but I never heard much about that except in one post.
I'm pretty doubtful that my pair would still be covered, but there's no harm in trying. And even if they're not, I'd like to know if anything was ever done about the issue.

Jun 11, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 8
The Jaben you mention is from Singapore, right? Cause I heard their new Mylars have improved slightly -- with a new sturdier wire and a stronger connection where the IEM meets the wire.

Within the 1 year warranty, Jaben replaces any damaged or broken Mylars for free. You could try emailing them to see if you can ship it in or whatever.

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #3 of 8
Try emailing Jaben and see if a replacement can be gotten (assuming its within the warranty period), I've done business with them on many occasions and thus far their service had been excellent. The newer X3i/XBi seemed to be sturdier in construction but I'd be holding my guns (and cash) and wait for the Mylar 4s with detachable wires
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 8
I concur with rapier84, the new X*i series are alot better in build quality and try emailing Jaben. I'm sure they will help you with your problem.

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #5 of 8
Well I read quite the opposite. The new i* series have significantly worse build quality. I've read a couple different impressions where they completely fall apart within hours. Unless they've improved the construction greatly since launch, I'd stay far, far away.

Jun 11, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #6 of 8
My own XBs (non-i) have lasted me a really long time - at any rate, if it's still within one year, you still have your warranty on. Except your model is defunct, so you have to select a replacement, most likely. Try going for the X3i, I personally think it's the most similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back