Horray, my Caffine amp arrived today!
Feb 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

StealthyCow

Head-Fier
Unfortunately I don't have any way to connect it to my iPod to test it out! Yay!

So here's my question to Head-Fi: I'm mainly using this for portable use through my iPod. I was trying to find some info, but decided to just ask my good friends at Head-Fi instead.

I'm just looking for a good amp-to-iPod connection. What would be the best thing to get in this situation? A mini-to-mini cable, connecting to the amp and iPod headphone jack seems to be the easiest solution, but I read something about the line-out dock being another way to connect an amp. Is there some kind of line-out to amp cable? Where could I get one those (preferably fast)? Difference between mini and line-out? I heard line out quality is better but something or another about I don't even know.

Thanks headfi and sorry for asking so many questions!

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Feb 28, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 5
You definitely want to go out the line-out. That way you bypass the ipod's internal amp circuitry & the SQ is much better than putting it thru both amplification processes. In addition to the links that RickB gave you, check out the For Sale forum here for Cables, etc. There are always Ipod LOD cables available on it for much better prices than new.

Did you get the Caffeine or the Caffeine Ultra w/ Bass Boost? I'm curious because I've been waiting for my Ultra for a little while now. Do you know how long it took from ship date to its arrival? Mine was ordered @ the beginning of February & was said to have shipped out on the 12th. Starting to get anxious....I leave on a vacation to Mexico this coming week & was hoping to take it with me.

Feb 29, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dantztiludrop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get the Caffeine or the Caffeine Ultra w/ Bass Boost? I'm curious because I've been waiting for my Ultra for a little while now. Do you know how long it took from ship date to its arrival? Mine was ordered @ the beginning of February & was said to have shipped out on the 12th. Starting to get anxious....I leave on a vacation to Mexico this coming week & was hoping to take it with me.

FYI, I also ordered and received a Caffeine (basic model). Mine was ordered on the 15 of Feb and arrived on Monday the 25th. If yours is taking so long, I would email info@headphonia.com to see what's up. I do know that they are currently out of stock on the Ultra and are only selling the basic model. Hope you get your amp soon. Good luck.

Feb 29, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 5
take a look here:

S² Audio: Dockit

Its a great looking LOD (line out dock), and it is made by a couple of people here in head-fi. quick shipping too! Order it today, have it by Wednesday or so?

PM me if you want a bit more info.

PS: still enjoying those RP-21's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back