Hornet Volume Knob Gold or Silver?
Oct 17, 2006 at 11:38 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAP7
Let's face it... they are not for LOOKING at!

True... but how much better it is when it looks good as well.

How many people go on about how this looks and that looks (I know it's off topic but how many people think the Zune - especially the brown one - looks dreadful?) but the music is where it all matters.

Luckily it seems the Hornet has it all in one package.... great looks AND great sound (hopefully I'll find out as soon as I've got the cash to get one)

Oct 17, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #19 of 30
Perhaps the gold knob makes it sound better?
Or his dog likes the silver ones to chew on?

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by SAP7
Perhaps the gold knob makes it sound better?
Or his dog likes the silver ones to chew on?

now there's an ABX test to read about ... difference in sound quality between the gold and silver knob!

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #21 of 30
M Hornet just came in today with a silver knob. It looks great and more importantly sounds great too. I don't think I can wait to burn it in for to long though since I have been ampless for over a month. I need to do some serious listening...
580smile.gif

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:13 PM Post #23 of 30
I was assured by Ray that my silver hornet has a one off solid sterling silver knob that increases the gain by .0085% over the standard Gold and .0095% over the standard silver. Gotta have connections!
tongue.gif

[size=x-small]PS HE ALSO SAYS BATTERY LIFE IS 1.5HRS LONGER![/size]

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49
I was assured by Ray that my silver hornet has a one off solid sterling silver knob that increases the gain by .0085% over the standard Gold and .0095% over the standard silver. Gotta have connections!
tongue.gif

[size=x-small]PS HE ALSO SAYS BATTERY LIFE IS 1.5HRS LONGER![/size]

OMG, there we go....
Ray Samuels

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #26 of 30
imho, the silver knob looks great with the Black and Silver cases, and the gold looks great with the optional color cases. I had an original black with silver knob- looked smashing. my current green with gold is awesome tho!

Oct 19, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
OMG, there we go....
Ray Samuels

I just don't know how you are able to create such a small amp that looks so great and (from other peoples views) sounds so great!

Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm bugging you for details about what options would be best for one for me (ie... I'll have the cash to give you in exchange for one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back