Hornet synergy with IEMs
Nov 12, 2005 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

solvexyz

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi, I have went through the initial comments on Hornet with IEM, and it seems even on low gain, the Hornet is still too loud for use with IEMs like 2 or 3 scale.

I heard the best listening volume is around 2/3 ~ 1/2, so not sure if Hornet is a choice to go for if you want to use it with IEMs.

I never owned any amp before, so please help me here.

Nov 12, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 3
I use my Hornet on low gain with my UM2s. I don't listen very loud -- a little bit under the first marker -- but I find that I still have plenty of control over the volume; more so than with my PDCP, the Sony D-777. Plus, the Hornet makes the UM2s sound fantastic. Anyone who thinks that the UM2s lack clarity, refinement, etc., should listen to them out of a Hornet (with the tips that work best for you) or other good amplification, as the sound really tightens up and they sound great even without EQ.

Nov 13, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 3
Well of course that depends on the IEM! I listen at 9-11 (clock) with my sensa's, but only 7-8 with my e5's (the world's most sensitive IEM
very_evil_smiley.gif
) In either case, the control is precise and easy to regulate for an enjoyable listen.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back