Hooray! Got a d-25 for $17. Boo - it's broken :(
Jan 29, 2002 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
Well, shortly after I won the ebay auction for my sony D-25s, I received an email from an ebay member asking if I'd like to buy his broken D-25 (along with the battery and power supply). Considering the battery or the PS by themselves would be more expensive, I quickly took him up on it. I now have 2 questions:

1. How long do these batteries last (by that I mean how many times can they be recharged, not how long do they last on a single charge).

2. When I press play, the disk starts to spin and the display turns on for a few seconds, then it turns off and slowly stops spinning. I've tried cleaning the lens, but do you guys have any other ideas about how I might get it working again? You can tell it was dropped a few times, but it has held up remarkable well, especially the front panel. Plus the black looks very nice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dave

Jan 29, 2002 at 9:16 AM Post #2 of 4
1. they're supposed to last between 2 and 3 hours.

2. this is exactly the behaviour i get from my d-25s
if the battery is low. it starts spinning but then runs
out of juice. did you check the power supply ?

Jan 29, 2002 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 4
1. ooops, i got that wrong. if this is the original battery
that came with the unit it surely is dead by now. i got
3 different bp-2ex and even a bp-100 and they're all
dead.
someone posted once that they can't be revived.

Jan 29, 2002 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Well, the battery is definitely working, though I'm not sure how much of a charge it holds (just checked to see if the unit would power up and listened for a few minutes.)

I tried the D-25 with the power supply as well, and got the same result. You can hear the motor start up and then stop three or four times, and then it just turns off. Maybe this one was just dropped a few too many times.

On a brighter note, the headphone output is even BETTER than I expected - I was driving my v6s to listenable levels with the volume set to min, and didn't need to go above 2 for normal listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back