Hooray for the Karma!
Feb 11, 2004 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

IWalker182

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my Karma in the mail...so far it's working great...(I'm keeping my fingers crossed) I updated the firmware and reformatted...and added some music. It sounds great, and powers my AKG 271s very admirably (which was one of my biggest priorities for pseudo-portable use, when I don't want canal-phones in) It also sounds pretty good on my DT880s...though not nearly as nice as they sound through the prehead. Now if only the damn ripping program hadn't killed the ID3 tags when it converted the songs to FLAC...Now I've got a bunch of songs to retag...but I'm a patient guy and it's worth the effort. I'll give an update if it breaks down on me (fingers staying crossed)

Feb 11, 2004 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 4
What were you using to rip? I got a Karma last week and have been archicing my CDs to FLAC in EAC (I also am saving the waves to a USB2 external to be safe). I picked up a string for the FLAC.exe external compressor that tags the tracks perfectly and I have had zero issues with the Karma. You really should give EAC a try (if you do not have it already). I will get the string off of my desktop machine and post it here shortly.

Feb 11, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Congrats on the Karma.
Make sure to check riovolution.com and check caseclosed.com who supposedly is going to be building a Karma case soon.

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back