HOORAY for the 32 OHM store !!!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #16 of 30
Yeah, they have plenty of cheap gear for sale. It's a nice mix actually. Also, some brands like ibasso don't have middlemen. At any rate, for only being open for a few months, the selection is quite good.
beerchug.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #17 of 30
I strongly encourage you members who live in the NW to drop by 32 Ohm Audio whenever you can. Ken says that the storefront is slower than online. Well, of course it is, and the rent is much higher, too, but it is such an asset for headphone-lovers! And even if you need to fly to get there, it is WAY worthwhile!

As far as my choices, well, that 's not finished yet, because Ken is VERY kindly going to mod a stock item to send me for audition. and I am SO looking forward to hearing it.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben4345 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have plenty of lower end headphones for the budget minded peeps. That's where I get some cheapo PH10's, they just don't have half of their stuff on their website.
They ought to update their site.

Oh nice. I guess I'll have to stop by sometime
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #19 of 30
Ha ha, Bud, Curtis told me about you
smily_headphones1.gif
. He said some guy flew from Phoenix and spent three hours at the store. I went there today. It's pretty awesome. The recabled K701s blew my mind.

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #20 of 30
I wish there was something like this close to where I live. This sounds incredible. If I'm ever on the West Coast I'll definitely check it out.

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
. He said some guy flew from Phoenix and spent three hours at the store. I went there today. It's pretty awesome. The recabled K701s blew my mind.

Hey, Marximus, I'm glad you made it in to visit them! Yup, those recabled- Jena- AKG 701s nearly went home with me. Really a huge change in their SQ.

In fact, those were the cans that convinced me to ask Ken to recable the last pair of Ultrasone Ed 9s with 18g Jena cryo wire, which arrived here on Friday. Oh wow, they are so smooth, way less crispy and jarring, and they haven't even been broken in yet!!! He put a short 4ft cable on them so I can use them on the road (they fold up real sweet) and then made a 6ft Jena ext cable with a female mini and a male 1/4" to allow me to use them at home, too.

I've learned from my Lawton Audio LA7000s and a Valkyrie balanced Jena i/c that their cryo cable is just plain awesome, and I know that it needs at least 40-50 hrs break-in, so I'm looking forward to hearing them this evening!!!

darthsmile.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #22 of 30
It's a good thing they didn't go home with you. They went home with me
smily_headphones1.gif
. It was love at first listen. They do everything perfectly for me. Led Zeppelin, Pachelbel, Josh Ritter. It all sounds so...right.

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

How he amp the K-701?

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #24 of 30
Uh, I'm going to guess you meant how were they amped? I used them through this iMod setup they had, inset in the wall, along with my own iPod (hooked up to a Creek amp).

Mar 28, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #25 of 30
Yeah I'm looking for an excuse to go out there. I live in Florida, but could swing a business trip. I'm taking a couple grand minimum with me though. I just have to face the fact that I'll be a kid in a candy store. I like the fact that I can audition everything. I've bought a few items from Ken online and it's been a real pleasure. I would probably bring my current rig with me to be able to compare.

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by welchie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I'm looking for an excuse to go out there. I live in Florida, but could swing a business trip. I'm taking a couple grand minimum with me though. I just have to face the fact that I'll be a kid in a candy store. I like the fact that I can audition everything. I've bought a few items from Ken online and it's been a real pleasure. I would probably bring my current rig with me to be able to compare.

Hey Guys if anyone from out of town can make it please shoot me a email at 32ohmaudio@gmail.com and let me know when you will be swinging by so I can try to arrange to you there. I typically I can bring some fancy phones, stuff we are working on that are not normally displayed. I do not work much at the store but am only about 15 blocks away working at the "sweat shop"
normal_smile .gif

In regards to the website and pricing raised in an earlier post, there are much more products in the store than on the website. There is a lot of lower priced items as well as more higher priced items. For instance we have a bunch of Audio Technica and Sonys that are under $150 that are not on the website. We have HD800s but are not allowed to sell them on the website. We also just received our partial Beyerdynamic shipment, also not on the website. Anyhow we are continuing to pile it on.

Thank you

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 29, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We also just received our partial Beyerdynamic shipment, also not on the website. Anyhow we are continuing to pile it on.

Thank you

Ken

hey Ken, Do you have the T1 in store then?
smily_headphones1.gif

We should meet up and have a launch party with Andrew for the iM790 when it happens at your place (read cigars and booze)
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey Ken, Do you have the T1 in store then?
smily_headphones1.gif

We should meet up and have a launch party with Andrew for the iM790 when it happens at your place (read cigars and booze)
wink.gif

Hey Sachu,

The T1s are due to arrive at the shop mid April. They are back ordered according to the Beyerdynamic folks but I did buy a bunch of them.

Would love to make a get together to kick off the iM790...

Thanks,

KB

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 29, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Sachu,

The T1s are due to arrive at the shop mid April.
KB

Gee, Ken, maybe I'm gonna have to schedule another trip. I'll just be imagining how good they wil sound with a Jena cable. Morks --- I really tried to use my carbon allotment SO carefully!

regular_smile .gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #30 of 30
OMG!! I am so jealous. We have NOTHING like that in Indianoplace. I heard of one place, Ovation, that might be getting a bunch of headphones, but I never heard back from the salesman. I might have to move someplace nearby just to have that resource!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back