Hooking up oversized caps to META42
Jul 10, 2002 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

finleyville

100+ Head-Fier
I plan on using 4 1000uF Cerafines for my main power reserve caps for C2 and 3. Since they are oversized I will be mounting them off the PCB and on some perf board. Will it be better to run 8 separate leads from the extra perf board to the PCB, or is there an easier way? I can connect the caps with 3 separate pads (+/-VDC and GND) but don't quite understand how the pads might connect to the PCB. Thanks for the help.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2002 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 3
Just use the 3 pads and connect each pad to a corresponding +, -, and GND trace where the capacitors would've connected on the board. Any of the capacitor spots on the board that are marked should be ok.

Jul 10, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 3
I was thinking of doing the samething (like what finleyville suggested), but afraid that the extending leads from the PCB to Caps will pick up RFI.

Or will it increase the parasistic resistance, inductance in the +/-V rails?

On the other hand, I'm still trying to figure out a creative way to squeeze 4 Elna Carafines (470uF) on to a META42 PCB i bought from Tangent
rolleyes.gif
And that involves positioning the Caps horizontally under the PCB.

So, can someone tell me whether extending the leads/legs from the PS Caps have any effects on the quality of the sound from the OpAmps?

Thanks in advance,
Z.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back