Hooking up Acoustic Research P315 HO to my HT setup
Jan 21, 2012 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Snipe?Star

New Head-Fier
I have a sweet computer rig i built a couple of years ago, and part of it was a nice HD home theater surround setup- because lets face it, computer speakers just don't cut it.  Anyway the HT setup I got was the Onkyo S6200- the receiver of which is the HT-R670 (they stopped making this).

Anyway, seeing how the sub-par onkyo subwoofer blew out a couple months after use, I pulled out and dusted off a huge AR speaker my dad gave to me some years ago (I only have one of these), and I've been wanting to hook up this bad boy and use it as a sub instead (I've been using my old Hi-Fi Sony bookshelf stereo sub, which has worked flawlessly lol. Go figure)

I wasn't sure what I'm going to need to hook this up properly- I do not want to damage it- So I took some pictures of the back of it (as well as some irrelevant pictures of it because i'm obsessed with my stupid camera) and wanted to make sure you guys linked me to the proper cables and power cable- I especially don't want to use a wrong power cord.

Is it as simple as running a RCA plug to the LF-Input port? or do I need an amp? Also, I'm extremely concerned that I might need some special power cord.

Anyway thanks for dealing with my dumb request :)

Note: I see the water spots that were apparently on my camera lens... ugh... lol

also, the underneath the plug it says [117v ~ 60Hz 850w ONLY]

awaiting monoprice links!!

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 3
How did you end up doing it ?

I suspect that if you had an RCA coming from your computer - you would not want to connect it to the rca on the back of the speaker, because that would be a full freqency connection from the computer to a LFE connection on the sub.  If you had a sub out rca from the computer system it would be perfect to connect it to the speaker's rca jack and remove the binding strips between the speaker inputs on the speaker, then the sub is simply a stand alone sub...

I have these speakers and I'm not an audio junkie - the manuals that came with the speakers weren't very clear to me, so I had to experiment a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back