Honolulu Head-fiers: Check in
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 15
Sergeant uncola reporting for duty.  This thread did not take off.. 2 years since the last post.

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #4 of 15
I have yet to meet another fellow audiphile enthusiast...non of my friends have the same passion for high end audio gear or high quality music like I do...when they find out how much my hd650's cost, they just shake their heads. Even more so when I tell them how much the zu mobius cable, amps and dac cost. But it's all g...at least my wife doesn't complain about my hobby.

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #5 of 15
I've met up with Saraguie to demo gear before as well as CommanderZero to sell an IEM. But HawaiiFi is pretty limited :p.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 15
We're such a minority in this crowded island. What a shame. :frowning2: Then again, it seems that a lot of people here can't really afford this hobby. I've been lucky with getting my feet wet since I like all of my gear.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #11 of 15
yah, I saw some psb image b6 speakers on craigslist and the guy said I was the first to contact him, it was on craigslist for months

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #12 of 15
My Internet friend drew this pic of me and I thought it was appropriate for this thread

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #13 of 15
I did some research on sennhieser hd800 and easy music center popped up in my search field...seems they sell some audiophile reference gear headphones and stuff.not that much selection but they said they can bring I. Pretty much anything with free shipping. And yeah, I don't really see much stuff on Craigslist either.i pretty much keep quiet about how much my gear costs...none of my friends can understand why anyone would pay over $200 for any headphones. But they do comment about how awesome thier beats by dre are and how the sound quality of its bass brings them to a whole different zone while at the gym....lol

Mar 4, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #14 of 15
lol...as much as I'd like to say "ignorance is bliss" regarding audiophile gear, some of those Beats models are expensive. Some people just buy too much into the marketing hype to believe anything else.  I wear my Westone 4's on the bus, but I usually just see Beats or generic earbuds there. Then again, most people who ride the bus probably couldn't afford much for audio gear. Some can't even seem to afford deodorant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back