Hong Kong!
May 24, 2007 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Nebby

Headphoneus Supremus
Arrived yesterday, and I gotta say WOW! Haven't been here since the reunification, and I've missed it
biggrin.gif
Can any recommend any good places to shop (in general)?

May 24, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5 shops? i only know of kingsound + mingo.... where are the other 3?

2 in Yau Shing Centre, 1 in Fa Yuen Building
580smile.gif
by the way, I don't recommend Mingo, it's too expensive

May 24, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #9 of 14
Well I plan on trying to find myself a zhaolu DAC somewhere on apliu street. I'm actually mostly set with the headphones I have (770's are going to get darthed eventually, and all of them will be recabled to balanced
smily_headphones1.gif
) Though if I can find a good deal on a headphone I won't be afraid to pull the trigger.

I know this is somewhat OT for this forum, but where are some good places to shop for watches and mens clothing? Selection is somewhat slim where I normally live, so I'm planning on doing some decent amount of spending here.

May 24, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this is somewhat OT for this forum, but where are some good places to shop for watches and mens clothing? Selection is somewhat slim where I normally live, so I'm planning on doing some decent amount of spending here.

There are more clothes shops in HK than anything else, catering for all shapes and sizes. Take a stroll along Granville Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, for instance.

For watches, there are lots of timepiece stores along Nathan Road.

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #12 of 14

Quote:
I tried to find some DACs today at kingsound, but they have too many selections, mainly from Meier Audio. Where can I find DACs with more selection with a mid-higher end ones?
Apliu street seems quite messy, or do I just go to all the smaller ones to find out the Dacs they have? 

If you're looking for a DAC at a good price in HK it's better to get a Chinese made one. You can try http://diykits.com.hk/ in SSP but in general it's better to look for second hand deals on the local FS forums. Hong Kong people tend to discount more from used goods than Westerners so prices can be good.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #13 of 14
Lavry and maybe Benchmark - Tom Lee (the one selling guitars/pianos)
There are a couple of shops in Sim City & Yau Shing selling some higher end DACs

Quote:
I tried to find some DACs today at kingsound, but they have too many selections, mainly from Meier Audio. Where can I find DACs with more selection with a mid-higher end ones?
Apliu street seems quite messy, or do I just go to all the smaller ones to find out the Dacs they have? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back