Honeymoon in Greece-Suggestions/guidance
Apr 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8
Hey all,

Getting married June 5th, then heading to Greece for our honeymoon. Anyone from that area, or been there? We are going to Mykonos for 4 nights, Santorini for 5 nights, and Athens for 2.

We are trying to get some tours set up, or generally see what to do. Here is the help I would love:

1. In Santorini, I know there are wineries. what are the good ones to hit. We love Wine!
2. Also in Santorini, we want to visit the Volcano, and soak in some hot springs or Mud!! any info on that?

3. Mykonos - What to do?

4. Athens - Would love to see a concert/play/opera/symphony at one of the outdoor structures. anyone know where to look for this?
4a. what to do?

Oh yeah, and where should we EAT??!!!!

Thanks all in advance!!!! I love you guys!

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 8
I do believe that there are little islands all around Greece. You may be able to rent a service so that the captain drops you and your female companion off on one of these tiny sand structures that I call an island. The captain comes back to cook something for you, and you do whatever when he is not there... You're basically renting an island.
(From my tourism class)

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 8
I plan on doing nearly the exact same thing, but about two months later. So I will be monitoring this thread with great interest.

OP: you will definitely have to let me know how it goes, what to try, and what not to try. Congrats by the way!

Apr 5, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Rent the movie Summer Lovers. That should give you all you need to know.
tongue_smile.gif

And yes, I am jealous.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #6 of 8
My only tip for Athens - my friends and I went to the Acropolis first thing in the morning, we were literally in the first 10 or so people in that day, and it was totally worth it - we pushed ahead and had the Acropolis basically to ourselves in the early morning. It was fantastic, and it got much less desirable as the huge throngs of tourists caught up to us.

Santorini was gorgeous, but we didn't hit any wineries. We were only there for 2 nights or so. But I can't think of a better honeymoon spot in the world. Sunset at the northern tip of the island is a nightly event that draws huge crowds and applause - see if you can get a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants up there facing the sunset.

Never saw Mykonos - isn't it a huge party island? Might something like Crete be better?

May 25, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 8
things are moving along fairly well.  we're not completely crazy yet.  although now is the time when all of your vendors show how little they have been paying attention to your emails through the months! LOL.  Also still awaiting our tour package from our travel agent.  pretty nervous about that.  I should probably relax, but you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back