Homebrew
Oct 6, 2007 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Joeywhat

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone here homebrew beer? I've been doing it off and on for two years now...living in an apartment makes it tricky.

So any other members doing this? Perhaps trade some recipes...or get some more people to start it up as well?

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 3
Been homebrewing for about a year now. I went all grain after 4 batches and haven't looked back. I have focused mainly on the styles that I enjoy drinking every day, so I have stuck to the pale ales, IPAs, stouts, porters and such. I have brewed 18 batches this first year, and enjoyed this hobby like no other I have had. I was going to brew tomorrow, an oatmeal stout, but have delayed it a few days.

I have an IPA, an all late hopped half maris otter half munich grain bill, basically my house recipe, finishing up right now. I will probably rack it to a keg later tonight or tomorrow. I will be enjoying it within the next couple of days.

I have a Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter in the keg right now that is quite nice. It will be better once the weather gets a bit cooler.

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 3
That's cool...I should be starting back up within the month. I was living with my parents for a year, and they wanted nothing to do with it (I am underage, so they were concerned about the legality of it). I don't know where some of my equipment went so I have to buy it again.

Right now I bottle all my beer...but when money allows I'm going to switch to kegging. When I'm in a house (next year) I'll have a room devoted to brewing, including a modified chill chest for cold brewing/storage.

So far I've brewed a few hefeweizens, one IPA, a nut brown ale (VERY good) and a few fake lagers. The lagers never turned out right, since they were modified to use ale yeast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back