Home Theater headphones
Dec 3, 2016 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cascius

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

My parents are looking for wireless headphones to use with their home theater. I believe they currently use Sennheiser ones (not sure of model) but aren’t very impressed with the sound quality.  I think one of the issues is the distance (14 feet from the receiver).  Obviously 2 set of headphones need to be connected at once.

Would anyone have any recommendation?

Thanks,

-       Cas

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Which model Sennheiser wireless are they using?

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 6
  HDR 110

So your parents are currently using the Sennheiser RS110 ($90) setup, which come with the HDR110 wireless headphones.

Budget for audio upgrade?

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 6
My guess is probably somewhere around $300 for a pair.  Maybe a bit more for an excellent choice.

Something to note: my dad has bad hearing, so he probably needs a pair of cans that play fairly loud.  It's a shame though, since he's got a pretty impressive HT. :/

Thanks in advance,

- Cas

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi everyone,

My parents are looking for wireless headphones to use with their home theater. I believe they currently use Sennheiser ones (not sure of model) but aren’t very impressed with the sound quality. I think one of the issues is the distance (14 feet from the receiver). Obviously 2 set of headphones need to be connected at once.

Would anyone have any recommendation?

Thanks,

point b
- Cas
I've started my heaphone research and also realize virtual surround isn't necessary with 2 drivers. I have a nice home theater system that quite frankly, I can't use all the time, especially at night when I want to watch something like Saving Private Ryan lol. So I'm looking at what my options are, like do I just use the headphone out on my Denon, and if so, do I need cable attachments depending on the heaphone I choose, since many seem to come with 3.5mm? Are there wireless options that will integrate with my Denon or LG OLED that won't have lip sync issues etc...? Any help to get me started would be greatly appreciated, as well as any headphone suggestions. Shooting to stay under $1k for the headphones, ideally $400-600 would be nice if there are solid options. Mainly will be used for movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back