Home Theater Headphones
Aug 3, 2008 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sillysally

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello to all.

I have a pair of Ultrasone HFI-700 and Grado SR125, headphones for my HT. I like the comfort of the SR125s and I like the sound of the HFI-700 but they seem to be a little bulky and are not very comfortable. I watch mostly BD/HD HD sound. I also have a 7.1 sound setup but i can only use it when I am alone. So i use the Headphones mostly. However open air headphones are fine. I Just can't shake the house and blow the windows out.

So what i would like to know is what is a very good set of headphones to be connected to my A/V Onkyo 705 and also very comfortable. For say under $700. and from what I know about HPs are that should be more than enough, but if there really was something out the that would give me what my 7.1 speaker setup gives me then I would like to look at that.

I hope someone can help,

Thanks.

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillysally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello to all.

I have a pair of Ultrasone HFI-700 and Grado SR125, headphones for my HT. I like the comfort of the SR125s and I like the sound of the HFI-700 but they seem to be a little bulky and are not very comfortable. I watch mostly BD/HD HD sound. I also have a 7.1 sound setup but i can only use it when I am alone. So i use the Headphones mostly. However open air headphones are fine. I Just can't shake the house and blow the windows out.

So what i would like to know is what is a very good set of headphones to be connected to my A/V Onkyo 705 and also very comfortable. For say under $700. and from what I know about HPs are that should be more than enough, but if there really was something out the that would give me what my 7.1 speaker setup gives me then I would like to look at that.

I hope someone can help,

Thanks.

Ok now I can answer my own question. For me and what I use them for is the HD-650. However my budget was $700usd and I have only spent about $279usd on these headphones brand new. So now I have the rest of my budget of $421usd burning a hole in my pocket. So How can I improve on the sound of these wonderful headphones. Well I will tell you. I got a new LD MK IV SE from David @ Viewing a thread - Little Dot Amplifiers Purchasing Information

These folks are wonderful to deal with and because they are part of the manufacturing end of this Tube amp/pre-amp and the quality control that they have in place I am confident that this amp that was shipped yesterday from China and has already passed US customs and is now in the hands of USPS will perform as It is meant to. Plus the fact that this unit has a two year warranty if gotten from them. As ware if I would have gotten them from AudiophileChina there would be no warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back