Home sweet (Headroom) Home
Aug 12, 2004 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pianomaster

New Head-Fier
After suffering through 19 years of connecting straight to a headphone jack (lol), I've finally picked up an amp...I found a slightly-used Headroom Home (older model=no gain switch) on ebay for $256. Even though i'm poor i went for it, and it arrived today in the pouring rain. New to being a "discerning listener" (at least with recordings; i'm a piano major so i know how to listen to certain things), I wasn't sure what to listen to first. I went with Kind of Blue, and i guess the chief thing i noticed was the bass...not only the character of it, but its richness as well. I've been listening for about 3 hours and decided to take a break and let all of you picky listeners that there is another convert in your midst. Thanks to the people who post and respond with useful information rather than unnecessarily long and lofty bits about their Golden Ears! Any comments about your own progress as a listener would be welcome
Brad
"Music: the greatest good that mortals know, and all of Heaven we have below."

Aug 12, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 5
Congratulations on your new gear.

For my headphone listening, I have come full circle.

Headphone out on integrted amp, dedicated headphone amp, back to headphone out on integrated amp. And I find myself quite content, and saved a bunch of money in the process.

Aug 12, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 5
pianomaster,

Congrats on your new purchase. It's a fine amp, and I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it.
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Congratulations and now that you are an "owner" as they say here in the midwest don't be a stranger.

Check the meet announcements periodically for the Chicago area as it isn't that long of a drive and join us for a day of listening sometime. We have gotten together a couple of times a year for the past few years and it has always been fun. If you are ever going to be in the area drop me a line and we can arrange a smaller impromptu get together with a few of us and some gear.

BTW that offer is extended to any Head-fi member.

Aug 13, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 5
So you got the amp finally. Congrats. Just remember that there will be quite a few friendly headfiers nearby when you come to your school at Ohio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back